Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"...eight evolution cards for use with King of Tokyo and eight evolution cards for King of New York..."

I remember hearing somewhere that the KoNY monsters were going to get evolution cards for KoT and vice versa. Maybe on the Dice Tower podcast?? Is that what is included in this product?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
The full set of Evolutions that let you swap games is found in the Power Up expansions. KONY: PU lets you play with your New York monsters in Tokyo. The upcoming KOT: PU will let you play with your Tokyo monsters in New York.

The Cthulhu Monster pack comes with KOT and KONY Evolutions for Cthulhu!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! I should have done my homework in other forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daloester wrote:
...KONYU lets you play with your New York monsters in Tokyo. The upcoming KOTU will let you play with your Tokyo monsters in New York.

Mental note to self: Put a space between the ":" and the "P" when abbreviating expansion titles, or else the forum will get sassy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.... Just noticed this. That's what I get for not previewing my comment. Editing out the hilarity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
mbmb
daloester wrote:
The full set of Evolutions that let you swap games is found in the Power Up expansions. KONY: PU lets you play with your New York monsters in Tokyo. The upcoming KOT: PU will let you play with your Tokyo monsters in New York.

The Cthulhu Monster pack comes with KOT and KONY Evolutions for Cthulhu!

Sorry to be dense... Upcoming KOT: PU? Any news out on this? Not heard a peep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still working out all the final details, so haven't said much about it yet It will be an updated version of the original Power Up expansion that will be compatible with the new version of King of Tokyo. Like I said previously, it'll include two sets of Evolution cards (like KONY: PU!). Pandakai's still the monster, but his art will be a little bit different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
daloester wrote:
We're still working out all the final details, so haven't said much about it yet It will be an updated version of the original Power Up expansion that will be compatible with the new version of King of Tokyo. Like I said previously, it'll include two sets of Evolution cards (like KONY: PU!). Pandakai's still the monster, but his art will be a little bit different.

What the?!?!? Updated version?! What if I already own the original PU for KOT? I'm not keen on getting another expansion for basically the same game I already own. I don't like the fact that there is a 'second' version for KOT and that you took out one of my favorite monsters the Kraken. With that said having the ability to play KOT monsters in KONT is sheer brilliance and was eager to find out more. Much to my dismay that it's an updated version for second edition. Not going to bode well for many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't worked out all the final details. We're trying to make this expansion interesting for owners of the old and new version of KOT. I can't say more for now...

Next year we're releasing a Cthulhu Monster Pack which is basically the new version of Kraken (I think he's cooler). He'll come with Evolutions for KOT + KONY and will be compatible with the old and new versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
daloester wrote:
We haven't worked out all the final details. We're trying to make this expansion interesting for owners of the old and new version of KOT. I can't say more for now...

Next year we're releasing a Cthulhu Monster Pack which is basically the new version of Kraken (I think he's cooler). He'll come with Evolutions for KOT + KONY and will be compatible with the old and new versions.

Well maybe I jumped the gun there so I digress. So you can't tell us I understand but I want to play the kraken in KONY.

Even so I think the Cthulhu monster should be more about Fear and movement impairing powers. The Kraken to me was more about being imposing with nearly impenetrable armour w/health regeneration (Depending on which cards you get of course) You shouldn't dismiss the popularity of the Kraken. I don't know the details on the legal mumbo jumbo of Cyber bunny so.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a side note; will there be any KONY power up cards for the pandakai/halloween packs? I love the boogeyman character, wanna be able to keep using these throughout the KO series...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
Media & Public Relations at IELLO France
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looshkinx wrote:
As a side note; will there be any KONY power up cards for the pandakai/halloween packs?
Yes, the updated version of KOT: PU should include KoNY Evolutions for KOT monsters and for Pandakai.
We're also considering an update of the Halloween collector pack, which may include KoNY Evolutions for both monsters (but it's not been confirmed yet).
EDIT: Contained the
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Yes, the updated version of KOTU should include KoNY Evolutions for KOT monsters and for Pandakai.

You cannot stop the you can only hope to contain it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When will we ever learn to put spaces between KOT: and PU?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would say; love boogeyman, but Jack is a bit odd when next to the others? Can we swap him out for a werewolf? Be a nice nod to midway's 'rampage'(which HAS to be an influence here, surely!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Looshkinx wrote:
As a side note; will there be any KONY power up cards for the pandakai/halloween packs?
Yes, the updated version of KOT: PU should include KoNY Evolutions for KOT monsters and for Pandakai.
We're also considering an update of the Halloween collector pack, which may include KoNY Evolutions for both monsters (but it's not been confirmed yet).

Would you consider publishing a grid of the games Editions and promos with references as to which promos work with which editions? This would be for the gamer who wants to know what will work with their game and the completist who wants to know what promos will work with which game.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it's pretty simple:

KOT – POWER UP: compatible except for the Monsters' names
• Power Up 2012 can be played with KOT 2016 if you're willing to draft/deal randomly Evolution cards, or give Evo cards from Kraken and Cyber Bunny to Space Penguin and Cyber Kitty.
• Power Up 2017 will be playable with KOT 2011 if you're willing to draft/deal randomly Evolution cards, or give Evo cards from Space Penguin and Cyber Kitty to Kraken and Byber Kitty.
• Power Up 2017 will be compatible with KoNY.

KOT – HALLOWEEN: compatible except for Costume cards
• Halloween 2013 can be played with KOT 2016 with sleeves.
• Halloween 2017 (tbc) will be played with KOT 2016 with sleeves.
• Halloween 2017 should be compatible with KoNY.

CTHULHU MONSTER PACKS: fully compatible
• Cthulhu (2017) will be fully compatible with KOT 2011, KOT 2016 and KoNY.
• Future Monster Packs should be too.

PROMO CARDS: not compatible without sleeves
• Pre-2016 promo cards need sleeves to be played with KOT 2016.
• The latest or future promo cards will need sleeves to be played with KOT 2011.

PROMO MONSTERS: fully compatible
• Past and Future Promo Monsters are fully compatible with KOT 2011, KOT 2016 and KoNY.

KONY – POWER UP: fully compatible
• KoNY Power Up is fully compatible with KOT 2011, KOT 2016 and KoNY.

Did I miss something?

Overall, I think we managed to keep the compatibility issues quite minor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any plans for a third big game? My friends and I have a custom board for KOTW (King OF The World)! Seems like these monsters will be due a trilogy :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looshkinx wrote:
Any plans for a third big game? My friends and I have a custom board for KOTW (King OF The World)! Seems like these monsters will be due a trilogy :-D
I must admit there are some plans… whistle
But with something quite different, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:

Did I miss something?

This is excellent - thank you. I'll add it to the wiki section on the KoNY and KoTY pages. could you add it to the FAQ thread you wrote? It's very useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
giac0m0 wrote:
Mattintheweb wrote:

Did I miss something?

This is excellent - thank you. I'll add it to the wiki section on the KoNY and KoTY pages. could you add it to the FAQ thread you wrote? It's very useful.
I'll do it if you give me the direct link!
(sorry, every second counts these days… blush )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
I'll do it if you give me the direct link!
(sorry, every second counts these days… blush )

I am sorry for making this sound urgent - I'm certain you're busy, making monsters in your lab.

This is the Thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/743476/faq-english-answered...

(Which I now realise wasn't made by you, but came from the Tric Trac site, making it impossible for you to edit it).

Once the release is out there, you could make an official FAQ. The thread came from this section of the KoT game entry:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/70323/king-tokyo/wiki

I'll add a suitable link to the wiki section of KoT and KoNY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.