Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far my only beef with this amazing game is there are a few actions that require a special requirement that's not indicated on the actions boards. IE: Emigration requiring payment of what round you are on. Pillaging and its use/need for ore. The same with Whaling. For the latter two, for learning, I've resorted to just putting an ore on each action space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really expecting this post to have something to do with the cows... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Emigration does show paying silver with a question mark, but that is the same symbol as the space to buy special tiles, so fair point.

Ore is less of an issue in my opinion. Neither action REQUIRES ore. The longboats have squares to remind you that you can use it, and the whaling boats have the free ore and the square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And also the cards/resources you can use to alter the dice result are what you get if you fail to succeed? For example 1 sword + 1 stone if you fail Plundering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Emigration symbol makes perfect sense to me.

And, as mentioned before, pillaging doesn't require ore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Derphausen wrote:
And also the cards/resources you can use to alter the dice result are what you get if you fail to succeed? For example 1 sword + 1 stone if you fail Plundering?

Yes, and these are shown on the board next to the action. They are pretty tiny, but hunting would show "wood" and "bow" for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.