Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just discovered that the shipping company Nift, is Ideaspatcher with a new name. Further proof that changing your name because you have a shifty reputation does not change the way you do business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering how horrible Ideaspatcher was for Scythe, it's no wonder about the mess of Climate. My estimated delivety is Nov 18 - 24. So much for shipping west coast first. I hope that the packaging isn't as terrible as other Ideaspatcher deliveries I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Since we've known for a while now they were using Ideaspatcher it's not too shocking of a revelation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not overly bothered by how long the shipping is taking, but I'm very worried that the game box will be damaged again, like mine was for Islebound.
To this day I am baffled that someone thought it would be a good idea to wedge a board game box diagonally into a shipping box roughly so [/] without further protection -- yes, it lets you use a smaller shipping box than would otherwise be possible (and thus probably save on charges), but the edges of the game box rub and press into the shipping box, so of course they are damaged when the game arrives! shake

Well, unless Nift improves quickly, I don't think they'll have business that much longer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least for the upgrade version of Climate the packing was ok. Not good with the manual just placed at the bottom of the box, and the only padding at the top, but I'v seen worse. Of course any serious bump would have damaged the game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan D' Angelo
United States
Kensington
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
I'm not overly bothered by how long the shipping is taking, but I'm very worried that the game box will be damaged again, like mine was for Islebound.

The one bright spot we've had with Nift is that we have had very few reports of damaged boxes (from those delivered so far). That said, contact us if you have significant damage. We need to document those cases and try to do what we can to help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Dornbrook
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the The Answer to Everything. Having your critical path get completely mucked up by a vendor really sucks. Having it happen to a business that you own and manage makes it a personal injury.

I can't say that I'm particularly bummed that I could buy a copy of the game and get it before my kickstarter copy arrives. But, I can understand that it would be a disappointment for backers who were looking forward to getting to unbox it first and be the person who introduces it to their group.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that Nift's slogan is "Forget about delivery." Which might be the worst slogan they could have chosen because it seems like they're following their own advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
mdornbrook wrote:
Also, I just noticed that Nift's slogan is "Forget about delivery." Which might be the worst slogan they could have chosen because it seems like they're following their own advice.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Carmenates
United States
Tucker
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got my package. It had no packing material in it what so ever! These guys ( the delivery company ) blow chunks. The game's box took some dents and it seemed that was it but once I opened it up I noticed the climate tracker board is all banged up as well =( The game is gorgeous tho just this wack company messing up the delivery. Oh I am in the Atlanta GA area

I'll be taking pictures soon at work at the moment. Dom never use these a**hats again to ship any of your awesome games.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wandering Shaman wrote:
Just got my package. It had no packing material in it what so ever! These guys ( the delivery company ) blow chunks. The game's box took some dents and it seemed that was it but once I opened it up I noticed the climate tracker board is all banged up as well =( The game is gorgeous tho just this wack company messing up the delivery. Oh I am in the Atlanta GA area

I'll be taking pictures soon at work at the moment. Dom never use these a**hats again to ship any of your awesome games.shake

Sounds about on par for Ideaspatcher. Old dogs and new tricks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wandering Shaman wrote:

soblue

Whatever company they used for the US sucked. It might be Boxzooka. We're looking into it and will make sure to never use them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Bell
msg tools
I live in Virginia and received mine today. There was no packing materials at all, but amazingly no damage.

I requested the $6 add-on. They included only one of the two packs of cards and did not include the standalone rule book. I'll email North Star tonight about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had any advise for NSG. It would be to avoid the last 2.5 months of the year for release.. But they were trying to and then it was just one storm after another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Lyhne
msg tools
Ugh, mine apparently arrived, but it's stuck in customs due to lacking documentation. Nift isn't replying to my emails either. I guess it's going to be interesting to see if they'll react before the game gets shipped back.

I've been regularly buying stuff from abroad online since 2000. This has never, ever happened before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okapi wrote:
Ugh, mine apparently arrived, but it's stuck in customs due to lacking documentation. Nift isn't replying to my emails either. I guess it's going to be interesting to see if they'll react before the game gets shipped back.

I've been regularly buying stuff from abroad online since 2000. This has never, ever happened before.

Don't count on hearing back from them, they don't even respond to publishers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan D' Angelo
United States
Kensington
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kim, I'm copying you in on an email I'm sending to Nift directly. Hopefully that will speed things along enough that it isn't sent back. Either way, we'll make sure you get your game.

Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Lyhne
msg tools
NorthStar wrote:
Kim, I'm copying you in on an email I'm sending to Nift directly. Hopefully that will speed things along enough that it isn't sent back. Either way, we'll make sure you get your game.

Jonathan

Thank you! I'm sure it'll work out somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, got a big rattling box with the game, a card pack, and promo box all tumbling around with zero packaging. Bold choice...

Amazingly, at first glance, it all looks ok. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frohike wrote:
Yup, got a big rattling box with the game, a card pack, and promo box all tumbling around with zero packaging. Bold choice...

Same here. Fortunately the outer box was a snug enough fir for the game so the game couldn't move around but the promo box was just sliding around at will. All looks to be in good shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've kickstarted about a dozen games (to include the last installation in the franchise, Flight) and bought perhaps a dozen more games online. The packaging for my copy of Climate was, bar none, the worst I've ever seen for a game. Just a box with my game and promo pack, not a shred of packing material. If I were North Star Games, I'd sue them for mal practice.

Not kidding, this was the worst packing job I've ever seen, and I've seen soldiers pack a connex...

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Lyhne
msg tools
Mine suddenly arrived, and it was wrapped quite well. Lots of foamy bit and no visible damage. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
Frohike wrote:

Same for me. In good shape, but 0 packing material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okapi wrote:
Mine suddenly arrived, and it was wrapped quite well. Lots of foamy bit and no visible damage. Cheers!

Really? I got mine yesterday without a shred of protective packaging. No damage, but typical Ideaspatcher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okapi wrote:

What country do you live in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today. No packaging, so one of the plant punchouts got lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.