$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 97.66

6,232 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Am I forced to retreat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
So, kind of borderline case, but this came up in a two player game I had today.

I was humans, and I had a lone soldier in a lost battle, who now has to retreat. The problem is that because of adjacent battles, the only adjacent region I controlled also happened to have two Trog Nest tokens. I controlled this region thanks to an Airfield activation.

With the rules, it says that I can retreat to this area, but doing so would activate the Trog tokens. Can I choose not to retreat and just lose the last unit, as if he had nowhere to retreat?
Reason being, of course, that I want to maintain control of the area with the Trog tokens, which I would surely lose if forced there in a battle with a single Human unit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
So, kind of borderline case, but this came up in a two player game I had today.

I was humans, and I had a lone soldier in a lost battle, who now has to retreat. The problem is that because of adjacent battles, the only adjacent region I controlled also happened to have two Trog Nest tokens. I controlled this region thanks to an Airfield activation.

With the rules, it says that I can retreat to this area, but doing so would activate the Trog tokens. Can I choose not to retreat and just lose the last unit, as if he had nowhere to retreat?
Reason being, of course, that I want to maintain control of the area with the Trog tokens, which I would surely lose if forced there in a battle with a single Human unit.


You must retreat if able. Sorry.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Would that start a battle immediately?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
Would that start a battle immediately?


It would be the first battle resolved of the next round, I think?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
HerrohGrant wrote:


You must retreat if able. Sorry.


Dang, that really sucks! But thanks for the quick reply.

Flame112 wrote:
Darkmancer wrote:
Would that start a battle immediately?


It would be the first battle resolved of the next round, I think?

No, you put the next numbered combat marker and it's solved in order that very same round.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:


You must retreat if able. Sorry.


Dang, that really sucks! But thanks for the quick reply.

Flame112 wrote:
Darkmancer wrote:
Would that start a battle immediately?


It would be the first battle resolved of the next round, I think?

No, you put the next numbered combat marker and it's solved in order that very same round.


Correct! Keep it simple. This instantiates a new battle...and you'd do it at the end of the current battles in the current round.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow Very interesting, in that this introduces a weakness to what was a previously strong Human position! I'm looking forward to the upcoming Human Strategy guide!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
wow Very interesting, in that this introduces a weakness to what was a previously strong Human position! I'm looking forward to the upcoming Human Strategy guide!


The Humans have tons of weaknesses. They are garbage defenders, they give you a turn to counter attack if they use structures to announce an assault, and their Occupation power generates insignificant points at the end of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.