Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the 4th, and final analysis on the new set. I hope everyone enjoyed them so far. Please let me know what you think in the comments or whatever. Point out all my mistakes and strategies I may have missed. If not, I suppose I will see what those are when people go to Worlds and win by disregarding everything I've said, lol. If you missed the previous ones there are links at the beginning to the rest of the pack analyses. Enjoy!

http://amazingspidertank.blogspot.com/2016/11/epic-card-game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Siren's Song steals that 0 champion permanently so IMO it is slightly better than 0 removal. And I actually do like this card quite alot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is true, however you could instead just have the 0 cost champion in your deck, lol. Obviously color matters, but still. It feels like a risk to use up a slot in your deck. But you're right, that is a little better. I don't typically like taking control of other champions rather than just killing them since bounce gives them right back to the owner. But great points!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happen to know that you like Raxxa's Curse a lot, so I'm not sure how you can call Siren's Song the worst card in the set. They are really pretty similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are, and for some reason I didn't realize that you got the card permanently. I won't be adding it to my decks most likely, but it is better than I originally thought. I will need to edit that. Not the worst card in the set as a result.

Raxxa's Curse is much better though in my opinion. Destroying something then giving yourself a demon token is a lot better than just stealing something and keeping it expended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The 0-cost champions typically fielded are the good ones. I'd especially like to see this on a Muse, but there are all sorts of other good targets. How about Dark Knight, who if stolen on an opponent's turn immediately becomes breakable, because "your turn" is now your turn, not theirs? I also like it on Fire Shaman, Priestess, Keeper & Forcemage Apprentice, all of which set up nice plays if followed by a gold card of the appropriate alignment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.