33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Hi,
I've been trying to find out what's old, what's new and what's renamed in the new versions of Guildhall. I've been able to piece together a little bit here and there, but haven't found that one thread that says what professions are new, what their abilities, and what are the equivalencies to the professions in the original game. Anyone found something like that yet? Thanks.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each set of rules shows which cards were from each original game (The 2 released and the unreleased one). You get 2 from each set in the new versions. The rules AND the card both show you which original set the cards came from and in most instances just the name and art of the card has changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Good to know they explain the equivalencies in the rules. Are they posted online? I didn't see them here on BGG, but I didn't check the publisher's website. I'm specifically looking to find out what the new professions do and which ones (old and new both) are in each box. I have both the old Guildhall sets and I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy the new ones, so finding out what's what and what's where (since, for example, I don't like the Tax Collector or Assassin very much) might help me decide whether or not I want to make the investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellowship:

Bard=Hunter (Job Faire)

Ranger=Tax Collector (Job Faire)

Fighter=Assassin

Monk=Weaver

Druid: 1: Draw 3 cards
3: Draw 5 cards, put 1 from hand into Guildhall

Sorcerer: 1: Put 1 card from your Guildhall into your hand, +A
3: Put 1 card from opponent's Guildhall into your hand, +A

Alliance:

Shaman=Bricklayer (Job Faire)

Spellblade=Peddler (Job Faire)

Marshal=Farmer

Wizard=Historian

Psion: Take a number of cards equal to the number of Psions you have in your Guildhall from one other player's chapter and place them in your Guildhall. Place the same number of cards from the top of the deck into your opponent's Guildhall. Discard all the duplicates.

Assassin: 1: Draw 1 card. Move 1 card from your Guildhall into another player's hand. Discard 2 random cards from another player's hand.
3: Draw 1 card. Move 1 card from your Guildhall into another player's hand. Look at another player's hand and discard two cards.

Coalition:

Warlock=Robber (Job Faire)

Artificer=Scholar (Job Faire)

Rogue=Trader

Cleric=Dancer

Barbarian: 1: Discard a card from your Guildhall to discard a card from an opponent's Guildhall, then draw a card
3: Discard a card from your hand to discard a chapter from an opponent's Guildhall.

Paladin: 0: All player's take a VP.
2: Steal a VP from another player.
4: Steal 2 VP's from another player.

Each set also has its own victory cards but they aren't really different enough to warrant listing them all out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Thanks. This is super-helpful. I hope others users find it. Interesting that a lot of the new professions only have two levels, when most or all of the originals had three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.