Subject: Iello Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Allan
United Kingdom
Kingston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the Iello's Sherlock edition of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
Media & Public Relations at IELLO France
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OscarAllan wrote:
Any news on the Iello's Sherlock edition of this?
The official release in France is November 25. But we still don't expect getting the rights for any other languages, so it may be a bit tricky to get if you don't live in a French-speaking country. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hartwell
msg tools
I'm really sorry to hear that. A quick Google search indicates Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, but clearly there was some legal complication (or that LA Times article is wrong) that is harming iello.

Maybe it's because I'm a wonk, but I'd love to read a blog or news article on iello's struggle to release this game. I'm sure there's an interesting story here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hartwell wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear that. A quick Google search indicates Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, but clearly there was some legal complication (or that LA Times article is wrong) that is harming iello.

Maybe it's because I'm a wonk, but I'd love to read a blog or news article on iello's struggle to release this game. I'm sure there's an interesting story here.
Actually, not really, and it has nothing to do with Sherlock. The original publisher of the game made deals with other companies for licences in different languages (including English), so we only got it for the French language. We decided to go for Sherlock vs. Moriarty for our version, but we still only have limited rights for the game itself. That's it. Sorry there's not a juicier story here…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do the rights work in terms of online sales? Are you only allowed to sell it inside French speaking countries? Or do you just not think other countries would want the French version?
(I totally want the French version btw)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Licenses state territories or/and languages. In this case, I'm pretty sure it's both: we can only make a French version, and sell it only in French-speaking countries...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Licenses state territories or/and languages. In this case, I'm pretty sure it's both: we can only make a French version, and sell it only in French-speaking countries...

Thank you for that information.
I'm going to Paris for a few days next year so hopefully I can figure out how to find a copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Gordon Show
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Canada count as a French-speaking country? Will it be released in Canada?
(Easier to get from there to U.S. than from France )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegordonshow wrote:
Does Canada count as a French-speaking country? Will it be released in Canada?
(Easier to get from there to U.S. than from France )
Yes: our games in French are all available in Canada (at least in Québec) through our distributor there, Le Valet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.