Popular Tags: 504:x3x [+] [View All]
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions regarding module #3 on position 2:

* What are you supposed to use as markes on the tunr order track? One of your meeples (tehreby reducing your number of available ones by 1)? Another marker?

* You only get 5 privileges in the whole game for 5 players, correct? Ist the line written awefully then? I mean take 1 of each , shuffle, remove 1, take 1 more of each, sort by number. Wouldn't it have been easier to just say take two of each and remove one randomly? Or am I missing something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
I have two questions regarding module #3 on position 2:

* What are you supposed to use as markes on the tunr order track? One of your meeples (tehreby reducing your number of available ones by 1)? Another marker?

One of your meeples.
kilrah wrote:

* You only get 5 privileges in the whole game for 5 players, correct? Ist the line written awefully then? I mean take 1 of each , shuffle, remove 1, take 1 more of each, sort by number. Wouldn't it have been easier to just say take two of each and remove one randomly? Or am I missing something here.

???
I do not have the game in front of me now, but there are of course cards for 3.2, but depending on the other modules, there are more cards to add.

5 players, the game supports only 4 players max, but with 9.1 you will have 5 stock holding companies.

friedemann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops I ment you only get 5 privileges in the whole game with 3 players. Stupid typo here. Yes there are more possible cards, but the way I read the setup of x3x you only pick 5 of them. But as I said the wording for 3 players is VERY confusing there. Anyhow the wording for 2 and 4 is clear (3 and 6 privileges respectively), so 5 'feels' right.

Quote:
The privileges used in this game are: I (1), I (4), I (5), I (11), II (2), II (3), II (4), II (7), II (9), II (11), II (12), III (4) and III (6).
4♟: Take 2 cards of each privilege for the deck. 3♟: First take 1 card of each privilege, shuffle them and remove half of them from the game. Then, add 1 card of each privilege to the remaining half for the deck. 2♟: Take 1 card of each privilege for the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Oops I ment you only get 5 privileges in the whole game with 3 players. Stupid typo here. Yes there are more possible cards, but the way I read the setup of x3x you only pick 5 of them. But as I said the wording for 3 players is VERY confusing there. Anyhow the wording for 2 and 4 is clear (3 and 6 privileges respectively), so 5 'feels' right.

I'm not sure how you are deducing that only 3 privileges exist in a given world; every world I've played with certainly had more than 3 privileges. Which specific x3x world are you saying has only 3 privileges / 5 privilege cards? As Friedemann suggests, are you not using all the appropriate privileges for the world, i.e. you're only getting 3.II privileges and forgetting about privileges for x.I and x.III?

If the confusion is how to set up the cards for 3-player:

rules about privileges setup for 3 players wrote:
First take 1 card of each type of privilege, shuffle them and remove half of them from the game (rounded down). Then, add 1 card of each type to the remaining half.

So if there are e.g. 10 privileges in a given world, that is 10 pairs of matching privilege cards. So the 2-player game will use 1 of each privilege (so e.g. 10 cards), the 4-player game will use 2 of each privilege (so e.g. 20 cards), and the 3-player game will use 15 cards: 1 of each privilege for sure, plus a random half of the privileges get a 2nd card. The way the rules say to implement that is to take 1 card of each privileges (10 cards in this example) and randomly remove half from the game, then add the other full set of 10 cards to the remaining half, to make 15 cards total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:

Quote:
The privileges used in this game are: I (1), I (4), I (5), I (11), II (2), II (3), II (4), II (7), II (9), II (11), II (12), III (4) and III (6).
4♟: Take 2 cards of each privilege for the deck. 3♟: First take 1 card of each privilege, shuffle them and remove half of them from the game. Then, add 1 card of each privilege to the remaining half for the deck. 2♟: Take 1 card of each privilege for the deck.

Just parsing the rules you posted, I see 13 different privileges used. So for 4p, you use two of each, 26 cards. For 2p, you use one of each, 13 cards. For 3p, you use one of each plus one more of half of them, so 19-20 cards, depending on how you round it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, now I get it. I interpreted types of privileges as category (so I, II and III). So rather then taking 1 card per type I took 1 card per tier. Which resulted in a game where the privileges part was pretty much absent/a game where privileges were more like racial powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.