Subject: Recording milestones - no spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tuukka Muroke
Finland
flag msg tools
Hi

just a confirmation:

A) is the following format sufficient for recording Milestones in the Historical Record at the end fo the rulebook:

[Province name] [Milestone name] [Glory value]

Very trivial question probably, but there is no example in the rulebook, and just empty lines in the historical record. As my players are likely to physically destroy completed milestones, don't want to end up trying to find some information afterwards...

B) Should Prologue milestones be recorded (and are they therefore part of tie-breaker in case of tie in campaign glory)?

many thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
a) I hope so, we've recorded them "Game/Year/Round - Milestone name - Glory" (i.e. "1/1/4 - Find the Flying Spaghetti Monster - 3"; written in green, my colour) and each player writes his/her own milestone onto the book. I've however given each player a pen suited to his province colour so that it is easy for us to follow everything ever named/achieved.

b) We have not recorded the prologue milestones but I've no idea if that was right. But unlike your group, we do not destroy anything, so we can keep track of stuff even 15 games in. I've given everyone a card sleeve so they can store their milestones and other "destroyed stuff" in their province chests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Prologue milestones are just for practice. They do NOT count towards any Glory point totals for the campaign.

Prologue milestones may be destroyed after the Prologue game is completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The intro sheet says not to record prologue milestones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuukka Muroke
Finland
flag msg tools
Thanks, I think these questions are clarified now.

Good that I asked, would have recorded prologue milestones otherwise as a tie-breaker in campaign glory. Missed that bit on the info sheet somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another tip if you're destroying the milestone cards: record the entry number, as well. There may be story bits
Spoiler (click to reveal)
and even rules
that you may want to reference again. It's a lot easier to find what you've done if it's in the record.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Baksh
Canada
flag msg tools
I record Game, Player, Milestone Name, Entry #, Event Card (if any).

Don't bother trying to cram all that in the back of the book, use a separate sheet. Also, Keeping a second sheet is convenient when a milestone opens a box and every one is fighting over the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squeakyboy wrote:

Don't bother trying to cram all that in the back of the book, use a separate sheet. Also, Keeping a second sheet is convenient when a milestone opens a box and every one is fighting over the rule book.

Rather than ripping up or burning milestones as some do, my group just has the person claiming the milestone mark the card with an X in their color (we each have a pen matching our color, so everything that happens ends up being color-coded). So if we need to reference past milestone test, we still have the care (and a secondary record of milestones accomplished).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Becq wrote:
squeakyboy wrote:

Rather than ripping up or burning milestones as some do, my group just has the person claiming the milestone mark the card with an X in their color (we each have a pen matching our color, so everything that happens ends up being color-coded). So if we need to reference past milestone test, we still have the care (and a secondary record of milestones accomplished).

We just stick them in our province chests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So ... I'm an idiot, and my group didn't record milestones correctly (we didn't track their glory values--somehow missed the rule that they're a tiebreaker).

Would someone mind telling me the glory values for these milestones?

EDIT: I got a reply via PM. I've added the glory numbers to this post in case anyone else needs it as a reference.

Spoilers for Boxes 1,2, and 4:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
3 An Island Revealed (Explore Highest Site on Island)
3 Darkness Stirs (Raid a 6 without Sinking)
2 The Finest Treasures (3 glory worth of treasures)
4 The Sea's Embrace (sink a ship)
3 The Continent Awakens (3 buildings)
4 Trade Flourishes (sell 4 of one kind of goods)
4 The Markets Tremble (30g in a sale)
4 Gold Beyond Measure (60g in vault)
2 A Fable Reborn (Find Ker)
4 Clad in Marble (Build 5 buildings)

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Archonyx wrote:
So ... I'm an idiot, and my group didn't record milestones correctly (we didn't track their glory values--somehow missed the rule that they're a tiebreaker).

I think the number of milestones, not the amount of glory points, is the tie breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Osuniev wrote:
I think the number of milestones, not the amount of glory points, is the tie breaker.

That's what I thought, but a recheck of the rulebook says it's "glory from milestones" that's the tiebreaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was number of milestones before this thread too. But to quote:
Quote:
In the unlikely event of a tie, the player with the most glory from milestones (kept in the Historical Record) becomes the Emperor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
Not that we're likely to tie (Purple is running away with the game right now) but we haven't been recording glory either; we're just going to break it based on number of milestones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.