Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: Just arrived in the UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Ludoquist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some (minor) damage to a couple of cards in the promo pack, the main rules had creases in them, but nothing major.

Looks gorgeous, and nice that the Conversion Pack has moulded plastic for the cards. Not sure whether I am going to get this plus Flight into the base box, which is my preference, but we'll see.

Maybe if I take promo2 and put it in the promo 3 box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hills
United Kingdom
Portslade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally! fingers crossed mine arrives soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine arrived today not opened yet. but looks ok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today, typical myHermes delivery: lobbed over a 6ft garden gate and left in the rain.

I'm going to have to give up Kickstarting stuff now myHermes seem to be delivering so many of them <sigh>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
TracyB wrote:
Mine arrived today, typical myHermes delivery: lobbed over a 6ft garden gate and left in the rain.

Are you serious? How is the game? It is ruined?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dodson
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That sucks TracyB, hope the game is ok.

I should get my copy today according to the tracking page. Very excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
TracyB wrote:

The outer box was ruined but by some miracle, considering there was no bubble wrap or other packaging apart from the outer box, the game box itself got away with only a small corner dent and ripple on the underside.

Honestly, myHermes are a disaster. I'm in another Kickstarter (GamestorePro) where the creator has resent most people's rewards as myHermes has either not delivered or severely beat up the boxes. They really are a false economy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TracyB wrote:
domcrap wrote:
TracyB wrote:

The outer box was ruined but by some miracle, considering there was no bubble wrap or other packaging apart from the outer box, the game box itself got away with only a small corner dent and ripple on the underside.

Honestly, myHermes are a disaster. I'm in another Kickstarter (GamestorePro) where the creator has resent most people's rewards as myHermes has either not delivered or severely beat up the boxes. They really are a false economy.

I think that the problem is that they just recruit pretty much anybody who wants to apply, provided they will sign the necessary waivers. So it is a matter of pot luck whether you get a courier who is conscientious and will go the extra mile (maybe literally) to complete your delivery. I also suspect that since the couriers are self-employed any redelivery attempt effectively comes out of the courier's pocket so there is an incentive to deliver first time however that is achieved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Grlica
Scotland
EDINBURGH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I received it as well at my work address. Delivery box damaged as well luckily on top where there was some cardbox protection.

Otherwise game box , Evolution cards with rulebook and promo are all fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the end, it's our responsibility if your games are damaged and we will make things right. Please contact Apyna at North Star Games dot com if you have a damaged game. If IdeaSpatcher does not take responsibility then we will. Please include some pictures of the damages. That will help us communicate the problem to IdeaSpatcher if it's a shipping problem or our manufacturer if it was a manufacturing problem. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, mine arrived sucessfully delivered by a friendly chap without any problems (I was in to receive the package). Tbe game was well packed in a sturdy box so no complaints from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Minnis
England
flag msg tools
Anyone else having the Hermes tracking link showing several delivery attempts without anyone knocking or leaving a 'missed delivery' note? According to my link Hermes have tried to delivery on the 3rd, 4th and 5th but unless the cat is shredding the delivery notes and I'm going deaf as far as I'm concerned they haven't bothered.

Hermes aren't interested and won't tell me anything as it's a retailer delivery. Emailed Nift, let's see what they can do. Can't blame North Star as it's now down to the logistics people but it's very frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dodson
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The tracking page says they attempted to deliver mine yesterday but failed. Seeing as it's going to my work address which is manned 24/7 I'm not sure how exactly they couldn't deliver there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today, after 2 failed delivery attempts. All in good order, full of packing peanuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Minnis
England
flag msg tools
RE:
Out of interest, did you receive a missed delivery note the first two times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Forrest
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i watched the hermes guy from my front window. he got out of his van, walked over, and put the pre-written delivery note through my letterbox without knocking. He didnt even get the parcel out. I popped out and stood in the road in front of the van holding the note up until he got out of the van and lied to my face about it!

Hermes have been awful for years. Even worse than ukmail which is saying something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.