Popular Tags: [View All]
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Ares consider running a Kickstarter campaign for different coloured factions for this game?

Moulds are done so it would be just sourcing out the colours. I believe they used different colours in their Age of Conan expansion.

I for one would buy two sets.

Thoughts?

Ares?....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have a license for board games. with that said it took a lot for them to get the Board and books made out side of a whole board game. So i don't think it will ever happen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad, I think they could have done it with this new reprint of the 2nd edition base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to work as a design engineer in the plastic molding industry. While it is true that molds are done, depending on how they are built, it may not be possible to mold factions by color.

A mold base is a pair of large steel plates which are pressed together by hydraulic pressure. Cooling water also flows through the mold base. Each base has one or more cavities into which a mold insert is placed. The insert is the shape of the figure that you want to mold. Once the mold base plates are pressed together, the molten plastic is injected (into all mold inserts simultaneously) and cooled. So depending on how the inserts and mold base are designed and built, there might be figures from multiple different factions all getting filled at once by each "shot" of molten plastic. If you've got Dwarves Elves in the same mold base, it is physically impossible to mold in two different colors...unless you mold all in brown and throw away the elves, then mold all in green and throw away the dwarves. This of course increases the cost of doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting insight, thanks.

I hope they learned a few things about moulds from their Wings of Glory line up and didn't gang too much together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.