Subject: Auto-Wrench work with boss mech pushing another mech? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Skelton
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
1) The card states: When any mech pushes or tows another mech, the pushes/towed mech may repair 1 damage.

Since the Boss is considered another mech, does this count if he pushes other mechs when he uses explosive charge?

2) Also since mechs block ripsaws does it still do damage to the boss as normal, or does block also mean take no damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pinter
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't point to rules that explicitly state so, but in my opinion the boss isn't a "mech". I mean, it is a mech, but not a "player mech", which is what "mech" typically means in the rules.

1) Don't heal the player mech, since it is the boss pushing, not a player mech. The game doesn't need to be easier anyways and the intended point is that you use a wrench to heal a partner, the boss isn't your partner.
2) It damages the boss, but you can't hit additional minions behind him, otherwise only scythe would be able to blue damage to the boss and this doesn't make much sense since ripsaw is an attack card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Skelton
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what we thought as well, just wanted to be clear.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
nordlead wrote:
I can't point to rules that explicitly state so, but in my opinion the boss isn't a "mech". I mean, it is a mech, but not a "player mech", which is what "mech" typically means in the rules.

1) Don't heal the player mech, since it is the boss pushing, not a player mech. The game doesn't need to be easier anyways and the intended point is that you use a wrench to heal a partner, the boss isn't your partner.
2) It damages the boss, but you can't hit additional minions behind him, otherwise only scythe would be able to blue damage to the boss and this doesn't make much sense since ripsaw is an attack card.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.