$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.6% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Matthew Hocker
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Just getting into gaming, so don't have a steady game group or anything. Saw that Battleground Games has an open game night on Tuesdays. Anyone go to it? Curious about the crowd, how many people usually show up, what games usually get played, etc. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people show up regular. It's a big mix of a crowd in general. There are RPG folks and Warhammer Folks and also just folks hanging out.

The majority of the Board Gamers belong to the "Guy Stuff Gamer" guild here on BGG. I've been attending a couple of months now. They play a good mix of stuff mostly Euros but there are an odd couple of people like myself (actually probably just myself) that would jump a mile at a chance to play a war game.

I just re-started a small group at my house on Thur. nights open to GSG members (and close friends) that I have met at Battlegrounds and enjoy the company of.

Just show up and I'm sure you will find something to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schemaille
United States
N. Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthew (and Jeff! ),

Welcome to the hobby! Battleground is great on Tuesdays. We've usually got 12-20 board gamers in attendance, and we play a wide range of games. As Jeff said, those games tend to lean toward Euro-style but that's hardly the only thing you'll find.

We're always happy to welcome new folks, and I'd like to think we're all pretty nice people. You'll have to come by and see for yourself!

FWIW, Battleground is a pretty decent FLGS. Great staff, good selection, lots of demo games available to check out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.