Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Finney
United Kingdom
sheffield
S. Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I've found the game to be practically unplayable with the rules out the box. Anyone who can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated:

1) setup
Age 1 states to "place 5 randomly selected mythology tokens face-down on the board, then reveal the remaining tokens"
Now there are 10 tokens, 2 of each, provided so this suggests that most games there will be duplicates and certain mythologies will appear twice/be excluded. However, this isn't exampled in any of the pictures, and no reference is made to how you resolve the 2nd token for a mythology

2) use of a mythology token
This seems clear at first; look at 2, pick one and place in a slot then add the unseen card on top. But what is actually happening to that 3rd card? Does it go back and form a single card deck for when there's a duplicate token? If there's no duplicate token is it returned to the box? This is confusing because The Divine Theatre implies the decks should have 3 cards in them.

3) Flipping over Pantheon cards
So, going into age 2 I can see 6 Pantheon cards, at least some of which will have a card underneath, once the top card is bought do we reveal the next one? Can a face down card be activated? The gate will reveal them during resolution but then they flip face down again, suggesting they can't. If that's the case is there really much point in the see 2, pick 1 process since most the lower cards won't be accessible anyway.

4) The Divine Theatre
If I use this in Age2 am I still looking at all 3 cards? Including 1 that's back in the box? What if the 3 cards are split between 2 different Pantheon slots, can I still look at all 3?

Thanks if anyone can help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you're using English version of the rules? You're quoting paragraphs and using names that aren't there.

1. It says "... then reveal these tokens". You don't have to be concerned about duplicated at this point. The way it works is described on page 8 "Effect of the Mythology tokens". Also the picture referencing the setup for age 1 is right there below that part. Take a good look to see a difference between the picture on page 6 and 7.

2. The remaining cards can be potentially drawn by using the Gate or Divine Theather

3. "going into age 2 I can see 6 Pantheon cards, at least some of which will have a card underneath" - not sure what are you talking about. The cards in the Pantheon aren't the cards in the Divinity decks.

4. You look at the remaining cards in the chosen Mythodology Deck. Could be 3, 2, 1, and if both tokens were used and then Gate was used, then chances are, the deck of that color can be completely depleted.

Read the manual again, carefully. It's very well written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tierney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
old_school_overlord wrote:

1) setup
Age 1 states to "place 5 randomly selected mythology tokens face-down on the board, then reveal the remaining tokens"
Now there are 10 tokens, 2 of each, provided so this suggests that most games there will be duplicates and certain mythologies will appear twice/be excluded. However, this isn't exampled in any of the pictures, and no reference is made to how you resolve the 2nd token for a mythology

The English rules online say:

Place 5 randomly-selected Mythology tokens face-down
on the indicated spaces of the structure, then reveal these
tokens. Return the remaining tokens to the box.

2) use of a mythology token
This seems clear at first; look at 2, pick one and place in a slot then add the unseen card on top. But what is actually happening to that 3rd card? Does it go back and form a single card deck for when there's a duplicate token? If there's no duplicate token is it returned to the box? This is confusing because The Divine Theatre implies the decks should have 3 cards in them.

The rules:
When you place a Mythology token in front of yourself:
• You immediately draw the first two Divinity cards from the
corresponding Mythology deck.

• You then choose one of the two Divinity cards and place it
face-down on an empty space of your choice in the Pantheon.

• Finally, you place the remaining Divinity card face-down on
top of the corresponding Mythology deck.

3) Flipping over Pantheon cards
So, going into age 2 I can see 6 Pantheon cards, at least some of which will have a card underneath, once the top card is bought do we reveal the next one? Can a face down card be activated? The gate will reveal them during resolution but then they flip face down again, suggesting they can't. If that's the case is there really much point in the see 2, pick 1 process since most the lower cards won't be accessible anyway.

There should never more than one Pantheon card in each slot. Any leftover cards make up the Mythology decks...

4) The Divine Theatre
If I use this in Age2 am I still looking at all 3 cards? Including 1 that's back in the box? What if the 3 cards are split between 2 different Pantheon slots, can I still look at all 3?

The Divine Theater
Reveal all of the cards from a Mythology deck of your
choice. Choose one of the Divinities revealed this way and
activate it for free. Then stack the unused cards, in the
order of their choice.
This Wonder is worth 2 victory points.

Even in Age 2/3 there should be at least one card in each Mythology deck. In Age 1 there could be anywhere from 1-3 cards.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
mythology token is taken by the player who ended his turn and flipped facedown card right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
2) I had a slight similar problem: when it says "deck" it's actually only the 3 cards of the same color.
So in the beggining of the game you have an empty pantheon, and 5 "stacks" of 3 cards each, each stack of a different color. Plus the gate.
When you get a token, you take the 2 top cards of that mythology deck (or stack), choose one, and return the other, face down, over the remaing card of that color. If you use a second token of that color, you pick up the remaning 2 cards (the one you already saw and the 3rd, which you didin't) and choose the one of those two, returning the 3rd, face down, with all the other stacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finney
United Kingdom
sheffield
S. Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, that makes thing much clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.