Subject: Singleton Constructed added to the formats page rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
The only change from Rob's post last year is that decks are at least 30 cards (instead of exactly 30 cards).

http://www.epiccardgame.com/formats-constructed/

- Nathan Davis
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fantastic! Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! This is pretty exciting. I really appreciate seeing this format officially supported by WWG.
I think singleton a great casual alternative to full constructed and a great way to get people into the game. I like the tweak to allow for over 30 cards.

Something not included in the official format update but still worth a try is the Two Alignment Singleton variant. This format comes with a really fun design constraint where each 30 card deck must have exactly 15 cards of each of two alignments. (Standard free to gold alignment ratios still apply.)
Hoping this variant may someday find it's way onto the format list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
We talked about it, and as always "your cards, your rules" but we ultimately decided not to push forward with the Two Alignment Singleton. Since we moved away from "fixed decks" to "any size" decks, there are lots of little things that come up. (Are odd-numbered-size decks allowed? Etc.)

We'll keep an eye on it, of course, but it isn't in the short term plan.

- Nathan
(a singleton if ever there was)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One variant format somewhere-in-between we play probably most are '40 cards' with pairs allowed. It is IMO a very interesting/viable option too.

EDIT: Actually, the correct proportion card-count should be 45, of course; however the 5 cards less makes only small difference - yet it makes construct reasonably easier/faster to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otto
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that choice, since I think a lot of people have each card only once (me included)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.