Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

I have never played the original game Mi Terra and I had never heard of it when I sat down to play. Yet, I was blown away by this game. The look and the feel of the game was wonderful. It is currently one of my favorite game and I instantly went and bought a version of the game here on BGG (it is really hard to find a copy of this game!). While it is a worker placement game, I loved the number of options you have in this game. There is so much you can do.

There are animals, fruits, veggies, technology, etc that you can choose to upgrade. The game really doesn't limit you in anyway, your imagination and available options will drive you in this game.

This is one of those cute games that is very appealing as you walk by. It feels smaller than it is, but it moves so so smoothly. To me, this game could be a classic with the right push behind it. It is a shame it isn't being talked about more or that it doesn't have a wider distribution.

I didn't find a lot of complaints with the game. I think going last is a disadvantage, but turn order is based on how many points everyone has (last in points is first in order). On most turns, you can at least accomplish most of what you want to do which is fun for me. I don't want my complete plans destroyed due to turn order.

Otherwise, this is one of the best worker placement games I've played in a long time. It will likely need an expansion to keep it fresh at some point, but for right now there is a lot in this box and a lot of variety with the different events. This is a winner and a must purchase.

Keeper.

Components:

This is a really cute game. The components are classic Kickstarter with apples that look like apples and cows that look like cows. My only complaint where the technology and market cards. I wish they had been cardboard, but that is a minor complaint. I found this game to be beautiful and an instant purchase based on the looks alone. There is a path on the board (and it is numbered) to show you which area goes next, but it "looks" disjointed and takes some getting used to. Otherwise, this is a near perfect looking game.

Rule Book:

I was taught this game and did not read the rule book personally. When we played, there wasn't anything to look up in the rules and everything seemed rather straightforward.

Flow of the Game:

This is a worker placement game. You have workers and you place them on the board to get stuff. In this case, seeds, technology and/or animals!

You have a little farm that you can plant seeds on. This farm can also house your horses for the rodeo. As you get seeds that you plant and water them also, you can place a worker to get more vegetables and fruits.

Also, on the main board (and where the majority of your working ... workers will (cough) work) is where you get animals, seeds, and technology. There is a ton to think about and plan for on this board. In this game, money is victory points. As you gain and spend money, so go your VP.

Some of the places on the board just give you stuff (seeds and stables), some places require you to roll a dice (think Stone Age) to get animals, another others will allow you to go to the market (or black market), or the factories to get upgrade your goods, or to process your goods to make them more refined.

It all sounds complicated, but it is really a neat little package. You won't do everything. You will have to choose what your farm is going to produce and specialize in and then go down that path making each more and more profitable.

To make everything more complicated, on certain rounds there are rodeos which is yet another way to make points/money. This all seems very complicated and overwhelming. It isn't. Things make sense in this game: cows give you milk and sheep give you wool. You with me so far? This themeing really helps pull everything together.

This is one you will not want to miss!

Should I buy this game?:

Yes! This is a beautiful, fun game that really works hard to be great. The design of the board is a tad confusing, but this is a hidden gem. It is so cute, cut throat, fun, exciting and wonderful all at the same time. It is a shame more people do not know about this game. Pick it up now and play it!

Keeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Nichols
United States
Clermont
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1115 Mi Terra: New Era: A worker placement about farming? Deja Vu or something New?
Wow, that was quick. This game certainly got its hooks into you.

Very glad I could teach it to you. Great game! Great Company. One of my favorite kickstarters this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1115 Mi Terra: New Era: A worker placement about farming? Deja Vu or something New?
Considering how rare this game is, I'm (pleasantly) surprised you reviewed it so soon! I really like this game, too. Glad you really took to it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the review. Any opinions on how it compares to other farming worker placement games? Agricola? Agricola family edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco Ramorino
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review!!! This is a really good game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
You have two #1115s (or is that deliberate as part of the Deja Vu reference? laugh

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1665856/purge-1115-and-then-we-held-hands-counseling-sessi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Andon wrote:
Wow, that was quick. This game certainly got its hooks into you.

Very glad I could teach it to you. Great game! Great Company. One of my favorite kickstarters this year.

You have great taste in games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Considering how rare this game is, I'm (pleasantly) surprised you reviewed it so soon! I really like this game, too. Glad you really took to it, too.

The man above (Dylan, not God) let me play his copy. Wonderful game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
Thanks for the review. Any opinions on how it compares to other farming worker placement games? Agricola? Agricola family edition?

This is simpler, but maybe because I've played Agricola first. It also doesn't have the variety with the card play in Agricola. Of course this borrows heavily from that game, but I think it is worth having both if you like that style of game.

With that said, I've enjoyed Agricola over many years. I bought this game, but haven't played nearly as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
You have two #1115s (or is that deliberate as part of the Deja Vu reference? laugh

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1665856/purge-1115-and-then-we-held-hands-counseling-sessi

Making sure you are paying attention. Look for an edit soon whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Peterson
United States
St. Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a good game to bring on the Dice Tower Cruise whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
koikessler wrote:
Looks like a good game to bring on the Dice Tower Cruise whistle

Dylan said yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.