Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard about this game and was able to play my first game today. Almost every rules question was answered in the forum so thanks for that everyone! It was way more tense and exciting than I thought going into it.

I ended up making it all the way through to connecting the last link I needed (Lead). I had 3 health, no days left, sitting on an 11 as my Final Activation Difficulty, no room left in the waste basket, and 2 boxes left in one column. I was at the mercy of the dice and I slammed my Stone Age dice cup down and looked underneath... It was snake eyes looking back at me!
So I went into the final activation at 11 - 3 health = 8 and I did the same dice cup slam... but only a 4 this time. Still had fun!

So I thought I understood everything clearly and then I watched Marco Arnaudo's video where he talks about Activating the Constructs.
When he marks a column as a "0" he immediately erases that column. I was playing where you had to finish every column in that row before you erased the "0" resultant columns.

Also I read some things in the forum, but this wasn't clear to me: I got lucky and rolled a natural 0 when I was searching for that Lead for my final link. I had already found the Construct, but should I have gained 5 energy for the God's Hand because of the "0" search result?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Temelin wrote:
When he marks a column as a "0" he immediately erases that column. I was playing where you had to finish every column in that row before you erased the "0" resultant columns.
I haven't watched the video, but he's right: You don't wait until the whole grid is full. One might also wonder if you can clear a column immediately after placing the first of two dice, or only once both have been placed. I don't remember the official ruling anymore, but I've been playing the first (easiest) way.
Quote:
Also I read some things in the forum, but this wasn't clear to me: I got lucky and rolled a natural 0 when I was searching for that Lead for my final link. I had already found the Construct, but should I have gained 5 energy for the God's Hand because of the "0" search result?
You only get the 5 energy when you find the Construct, not on later results. 5 happens to be the maximum you can get when activating a Construct by hand (but not using the Focus Charm): Fleeting Visions, and 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, makes 2+2+2+2-3=5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.