Subject: Player types rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Imo.
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for this maybe dumb question, but i totally don't get it after reading the rules.
Do the player positions (SG, SF etc) have any effect at all? If I get it right, i can place each player wherever I want on my player board (SF on C spot eg). Why do they then have different positions after all?

Again: I am stuck here. Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
After being a nervous wreck for two weeks.....
badge
I can finally exhale!! THIS TEAM!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it does matter.

You don't have to place them in a specific spot, but you should aim to get one player per position. For each different position you have on the court you get a bonus point in team strength. So if you field a team made up of 5 centers you would get 5 points less...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
...4 points less, to be exact.

The strength of your team is the sum of all the basketball icons on the players for that season PLUS the number of different positions (that is, the number of different colors) you have on your team.

Thus, every time you duplicate a color (position) you already have, your team loses one strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
After being a nervous wreck for two weeks.....
badge
I can finally exhale!! THIS TEAM!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...4 points less, to be exact

blush I am ashamed of myself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the same mistake explaining the game to a new player a couple months ago, and another friend corrected me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.