4,559 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Manubis Premier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my first play this Wednesday : awesome game !!

But I have questions about things I am not sure about.

1) Project Card like Lava Flows :
"Raise temperature 2 steps and place this tile [...]"
If I put this Card on the table (paid it) do I gain 2 TR for the 2 temperature rises ?

2) Requirement of Project Card like Windmills.
"Requires 7% Oxygen. Increase your energy [...]"
Does that mean "7% or higher" or "neither more nor less than 7%" ?
I ask this because for the Temperature it is always stated if the requirement is lower or warmer.

3) No more place available for Ocean Tile.
Close to the end of the game, all blue hexagons were occupied (by Ocean tiles and by some special tiles I don't remember) but it remained one Ocean Tile not placed : nevertheless, we stated that this global parameter was fulfilled.
Is it a possible situation or did we make a mistake ? whistle

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Manubis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manubis wrote:

If I put this Card on the table (paid it) do I gain 2 TR for the 2 temperature rises ?

I ask this because for the Temperature it is always stated if the requirement is lower or warmer.

Close to the end of the game, all blue hexagons were occupied (by Ocean tiles and by some special tiles I don't remember) but it remained one Ocean Tile not placed : nevertheless, we stated that this global parameter was fulfilled.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Manubis.

1. As long as you can perform both temperature rises, you get 2 TR. If you can only raise it once, you only get 1 TR.

2. It can be higher. The stated number is a minimum.

3. I don't know that one, but I don't think it's posible...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. 7% or higher. I don't believe there are any cards which require a precise level.

3. You did something wrong. There are exactly enough ocean placement hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manubis wrote:

You only get TR if the temperature actually rises. If it's maxed out then you don't get the TR.

Or Higher is correct.

A mistake was made somewhere. Only
Ocean tiles may be placed on blue hexes. You probably placed something else on an ocean tile by mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Manubis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manubis Premier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Thank you Bruce and Michael for your amazingly quick answer.

Ocean Tile :
I was sure we did something wrong
For my next games, I will carefully check when a player wants to put a non-Ocean tile on a blue hex

Best Regards,
Manubis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan G
msg tools
Bruiser419 wrote:

1. As long as you can perform both temperature rises, you get 2 TR. If you can only raise it once, you only get 1 TR.

Is this correct?

I just played a game and had a card that allowed me to gain some resource plus move up the oxygen level. However since the oxygen was already full, I was told I could not play that card.

So can you play a card even if all the effects are not possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manubis Premier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malek1 wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Is this correct?

I just played a game and had a card that allowed me to gain some resource plus move up the oxygen level. However since the oxygen was already full, I was told I could not play that card.

So can you play a card even if all the effects are not possible?

Hi Evan,

Sadly for you, you should have been allowed to play the card. blush
It is written page 9 of the rulebook, it is one of the few exceptions to requirements :
rulebook wrote:
You may play a card that [...] raises global parameters that have already reached their goal

But, in this case (global parameter on max value), you do not get TR.

Best Regards,
Manubis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Manubis wrote:
Ocean Tile :
I was sure we did something wrong
For my next games, I will carefully check when a player wants to put a non-Ocean tile on a blue hex

Yup, there are 12 blue-tinted spots reserved for oceans, 9 ocean tiles, and only 3 cards that make you place a non-ocean tile onto an ocean spot (Mangrove, Mohole Area, and Protected Valley). So you should never run out of spots to place ocean tiles on.

One fairly common mistake seems to be that people place a Mining special tile (from the Mining Area or Mining Rights cards) on an ocean spot. These cards tell you to place a Mining tile on an area which gives steel or titanium resources, and there are ocean spots which have that. But those cards do not let you break the standard rule that ocean spots are reserved for ocean, so you must choose a steel/titanium spot that's not reserved.

General hint: If a card features rules that do break the usual rules, those aspects will be PRINTED IN ALL-CAPS on the card. Otherwise, the standard rules still apply in combination with whatever the card says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manubis Premier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Florian for your precise answer.
I will pay attention to that.

Best Reagards,
Manubis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.