Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ri
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Discard this Evolution on anyone's turn to force a Monster to flee Tokyo when damaged.

What exactly is meant by flee? Is Tokyo left empty? Or does the attacker enter Tokyo? And, if so, is it optional or mandatory for the attacker to enter Tokyo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key bit of the Evolution is the last part:
"Discard this Evolution on anyone's turn to force a Monster to flee Tokyo when damaged."

It can only be played when a Monster is damaged.
The most likely way a Monster gets damaged is through being attacked.
And being attacked triggers the "stay" or "leave" option, except now you can force them to choose "leave", making the attacker take their place.

I will admit that as worded the card can work on non-attack-based damage effects, but it was most likely designed with the intent it only works on attacks. You'll have to houserule what to do.

Going by the (slightly) revised 2nd Edition rules, it depends on when the damage occurs.
If the damage happens during Step 2 "Resolve Dice", then the attacker would have to enter in Step 3 "Enter Tokyo", as Tokyo would be empty.
If the damage happens during step 4 "Buy Cards", then Tokyo would remain empty until the next player's turn, where they would be required to enter Tokyo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a second. Do the revised rules change the rules so that when Tokyo is empty, the monster always enters? That would be keeping in league with KoNY, and that's how I would prefer to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
Wait a second. Do the revised rules change the rules so that when Tokyo is empty, the monster always enters? That would be keeping in league with KoNY, and that's how I would prefer to play.

Yes, the new version of KOT changed this rule to match KONY's gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ri
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.