3 Posts

Battle for Sularia» Forums » Rules

Subject: +1/+0 question...focus? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geof f

Maryland
msg tools

When any card says something along the lines of "+1/+0" what does this mean specifically? I see under keywords its called Focus but does not explain how to interpret or apply it.

Am I applying these number to two different elements of a card or is it an either/or choice?

There are also many cards with four elements on them. Which elements do these apply to?

I feel like Im overlooking something here. Can someone direct me to the part of the rulebook that addresses this?

Thanks so much for the guidance. Looking forward to gettin my game on!

@gamesandbourbon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A +1/+0 modifier means that the combatant card affected gets +1 Attack and +0 Defense.
The Focus 1, means that on your turn, the combatant gets +1 Attack (+1/+0) and +1 Defense (+0/+1) on the turn of your opponent.
Apart from Focus other cards can give +X/+X to one or several of your cards. The first value is Attack and the second is Defense.
So a +2/+2 gives +2 Attack and +2 Defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Punch-It Entertainment
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
A +1/+0 modifier means that the combatant card affected gets +1 Attack and +0 Defense.
The Focus 1, means that on your turn, the combatant gets +1 Attack (+1/+0) and +1 Defense (+0/+1) on the turn of your opponent.
Apart from Focus other cards can give +X/+X to one or several of your cards. The first value is Attack and the second is Defense.
So a +2/+2 gives +2 Attack and +2 Defense.

Salvador is mostly correct here, with the exception to the keyword value focus.

By rule: Found on Page 86 of Comprehensive Rules (Battle Begins release)

Objects with FOCUS gain +X/+0 when they gain the keyword value ATTACKER. In addition Objects with focus gain +0/+X when they gain the keyword value DEFENDER.

This occurs during the keyword value step of the attack phase, after the object has been declared as an attacker, or defender. Salvador was explaining FOCUS: 1 as a +0/+1 to your combatant on your opponents turn. It is actually not for the whole turn but only if that combatant would be declared as a defender.

I hope this helps, and you are correct, we don't specifically call out +x/+y in the rules. Mainly because this is a precedent that has been set by many card games before ours. With that said, I do believe it is best to call it out as part of the modifiers section of the rules and will be making a note to do so.

Thanks and great catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.