Subject: Boss Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Smith
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
We are playing mission 3. One of the boss's command cards says to roll the rune die and move the boss adjacent to that player. Do you just pick him up and move him next to the players Mech, or does he take the shortest path on the board and squishes minions along the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick him up and drop him. There's an official answer in another thread here on the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yup! He's jumping over stuff with his rocket legs and lands next to the player!

He'll still crush any poor minions in the way of where he lands, but he won't crush minions en route.

If there are multiple valid spaces for him to end up, it's player choice as to which he lands in. So you can sometimes be a generous hand of fate and save minions...most often that wasn't the case tho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the opposite? If a mech gets pulled to the boss? Does it jump aswell or just walk over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
When the Mech is pulled to the boss, it gets pulled the most direct route and kills minions in that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotFpMcgee wrote:
When the Mech is pulled to the boss, it gets pulled the most direct route and kills minions in that route.

Wow, I didn't expect that one. I thought it was a shoe-in that it worked the same as the Boss method.

I suppose you can choose the path if there are multiple ones (which would only happen when you aren't orthogonal to the Boss of course)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
The hope is that the thematic is reflected well in the mechanic and vice versa. When the boss is jumping, it doesn't make sense for minions underneath him to die. They'd look up, be confused and concerned, but ultimately be ok.

When the boss mech pulls another mech, they're on the same plane, so logic says minions in the way are gonna have a bad time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Harris
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'm not seeing how a mech being dragged to the boss actually stomps or kills minions, especially because it's rarely pulled along a single column or row.

Additionally, the card that makes the boss jump to one of the mechs says "Roll the rune die to choose a player."

How does rolling the rune die lead to choosing a particular player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuddyHFCC wrote:
How does rolling the rune die lead to choosing a particular player?

As per the rules:
Rules - Crystal Compass wrote:
Exact directions aren’t necessary when choosing a player
this way — just pick the player closest. If there are fewer
than four players, reroll if you get a result that doesn’t have
a player associated with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.