Subject: Minor icon/rule question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrik Vågehed
Sweden
Malmo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you put farmers/enologists meeple?

The way I see it is that you put farmers on wineries (and they give +1 quality) and enologists on winehouse (+2 quality).

BUT there is no icon on wineries! Winehouse clearly has 1+2(white meeple icon). Why is there not 2+1(brown meeple icon) on wineries if this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You put farmers on the vineyards and enologists on the wineries. The house is called a winery and the land is called a vineyard. I don't know why they didn't put an icon on the tile but I guess it's because the bonus is already on there. It's also pretty straightforward that farmers work on the land.
Have fun playing meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilse23 wrote:
You put farmers on the vineyards and enologists on the wineries. The house is called a winery and the land is called a vineyard. I don't know why they didn't put an icon on the tile but I guess it's because the bonus is already on there. It's also pretty straightforward that farmers work on the land.
Have fun playing meeple

We played it correctly by intuition, but now that you mention it I think it would have been nice if only for the sake of consistency if the vineyards had similar iconography for the farmers as the winery does for the enologists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedh
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the main reason is that the tiles have to be compatible with both versions of the game: 2010 and 2016.
There are enologists in both versions, so putting an icon on winehouses tiles is relevant. But if I remember correctly, there is no farmer in the 2010 version of the game, so a farmer icon on the vineyard tiles will be irrelevant when playing the 2010 version of the game.

EDIT: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Cedh wrote:
I think the main reason is that the tiles have to be compatible with both versions of the game: 2010 and 2016.
There are enologists in both versions, so putting an icon on winehouses tiles is relevant. But if I remember correctly, there is no farmer in the 2010 version of the game, so a farmer icon on the vineyard tiles will be irrelevant when playing the 2010 version of the game.

The 2010 edition allows you to gain farmers via the Ribatejo region. With 3 or less players it can be one of the regions you leave out, but I guess you could always play without it if you wish the game to be more like the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedh
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
Cedh wrote:

The 2010 edition allows you to gain farmers via the Ribatejo region. With 3 or less players it can be one of the regions you leave out, but I guess you could always play without it if you wish the game to be more like the original game.

Oh, yes, you are absolutely right.
You can't hire farmers, but you can gain farmers via the Ribatejo region. So, my comment was irrelevant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Vågehed
Sweden
Malmo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilse23 wrote:
Have fun playing meeple

Sorry for wrong wording, didn´t had the game available.
We have play correctly so no biggie.. but what do you ,mean "the bonus is already on there"? If you mean the meeple itself it goes back to consistency I was asking about.
Then we dont need a icon on Wineries for the enologists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
Cedh wrote:

This is true. However, when you buy the Ribatejo vineyard, the farmer goes on it right away. I can't specifically recall if you are allowed to move farmers around in 2010 version the way you can in 2016. So it still wouldn't make sense to print a +1 for farmers icon on all vineyard tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Mools wrote:
I can't specifically recall if you are allowed to move farmers around in 2010 version the way you can in 2016.

Yes, you are allowed to move them as part of the "Redistribute employees" step of the Production phase (page 16).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.