Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mendel Lius
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

It's me again, with maybe a trivial issue, but I can't sort it out, I must be doing something wrong.

I have an issue with supply trace determination for town hexes (for German movements or detachment generation). Let’s say I have a German town less than 4 hexes away from an allied supply head. I have several possible interpretations of the situation :

- if the town is empty or detachment-occupied, supply can be traced (detachments can be generated, and if a german unit blocks supply trace during its movement, it stops moving (9.21 c) or d)).

- If a town is occupied with a "genuine unit", the unit’s ZOC prevents supply tracing. The use of 9.21 c) or d) will prevent the unit from leaving the hex unless there is another way flanks are guarded, which has it’s logic. however, as supply cannot be traced, I do not see how I can be in the situation where a German occupied town could generate detachments (15.5)

- if an allied unit gets adjacent the town, the German unit’s ZOC is negated : in theory supply can be traced to the town hex. So, 9.21 does not apply anymore and the German unit can freely leave the hex. As supply can already be traced, leaving the town does not change supply tracing situation. Thus, it leads to what I consider a weird behavior of the german unit. Do I have to consider that supply cannot be traced in a hex where a German unit is present?

- if so, my remark regarding 15.5 situation is still valid, and this is not in accordance with the supply determination method described in the last paragraph of 15.51, which is described as a universal method for supply trace determination

- With the 15.51 method however, supply is always traceable to a town, empty, unit or german occupied unless I am more four hexes away (excl rivers etc) from an allied supply head or I have a « wall » of units (for 9.21) or of units/detachments (for 15.5) to block supply. It will make German units very reckless with flanks and towns, including objectives.

As you can see, I am close to drown into madness, help will be appreciated….

Cheers,
M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I think the key here is to realise that section 15.51 only has to do with the generation of Detachment markers and is not to be confused with regular supply tracing.

Regarding 9.21, I find it quite clear from that rules section that a German unit in a town adjacent to an Allied unit will not leave the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendel Lius
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Yep, this is how I play it in the end, because it makes the most sense. However I feel like interpreting the rules, which is something I prefer to avoid.

Cheers
M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.