39.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
47 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] MTG: Arena of the Planeswalkers - Battle for Zendikar - $4.98 (Add-On Item) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Guaglio
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has the Battle for Zendikar expansion for Arena of the Planeswalkers at a historic low of $13.86, and dropping, according to the camels. Free Prime shipping.

The major OLGS' have it at $18 - $20.

Amazon link

BGG link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] MTG: Arena of the Planeswalkers - Battle for Zendikar - $13.86
Thanks for the heads up!

I suspect we'll see this one drop to $10 within the next 12 months but will likely cave as soon as it drops below $12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would pick it up at this price but I have yet to be able to get one of the good deals on the base game (the stack of full-priced Arena of the Plansewalkers with bonus Walmart content stares mockingly at me every time I walk past their aisle). For as much money as I spend on games that I don't need, I haven't quite reached the point where I buy expansions for games I have just because they are good deals. This would be the price point where I would jump in for the expansion though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:
I would pick it up at this price but I have yet to be able to get one of the good deals on the base game (the stack of full-priced Arena of the Plansewalkers with bonus Walmart content stares mockingly at me every time I walk past their aisle). For as much money as I spend on games that I don't need, I haven't quite reached the point where I buy expansions for games I have just because they are good deals. This would be the price point where I would jump in for the expansion though.

The base game is also on sale, for $13.89 on Amazon. The lowest ever on Amazon was $11.19, but it's still a pretty good price. Of course, it's not the Wal-Mart bonus edition, but that's really just good for a few extra bonus tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMan2k3 wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:

The base game is also on sale, for $13.89 on Amazon. The lowest ever on Amazon was $11.19, but it's still a pretty good price. Of course, it's not the Wal-Mart bonus edition, but that's really just good for a few extra bonus tiles.

Sometimes you get lucky on Amazon (3rd Party), I ordered it at $12.50 back in July and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and was the Walmart Bonus edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YMMV but my wife was able to get our local walmart to match the lower amazon price, but with the Walmart bonus stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral BS
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:

Out of curiosity, what's the bonus Walmart content? From the picture it just looks like foil versions of the same cards and two black tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
admiralbullshit wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:

Out of curiosity, what's the bonus Walmart content? From the picture it just looks like foil versions of the same cards and two black tiles.

Yeah, it's really nothing to go out of your way for if you only care about gameplay. (vs shiny cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's included in the Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 free sale:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1666851/amazon-b2g1-or-bygo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:
I would pick it up at this price but I have yet to be able to get one of the good deals on the base game

Base game is also included in the B2G1 right now, so as long as there's at least one other item of interest it's not likely to ever get much better than this. (under $10 each)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:
I would pick it up at this price but I have yet to be able to get one of the good deals on the base game

Base game is also included in the B2G1 right now, so as long as there's at least one other item of interest it's not likely to ever get much better than this. (under $10 each)
i might just jump on both now then. I just remembered yesterday that the Walmart that had all the bonus editions is one of them that stopped doing any price matching earlier this year, so I would be waiting a very long time for them to decide to lower the price themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
NuMystic wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:

I went ahead and got it, since my in-laws asked for Codenames for our gift exchange. About as perfect a match as you could get for the two Magic games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if anyone in the SF Bay Area wants to trade for a Walmart base game, drop me a line. Bought a second set because I didn't want to buy three more pasta salad packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Bought a second set because I didn't want to buy three more pasta salad packs.

Okay, I'll bite. How did a second copy of MTG:AotP save you from buying three pasta salad packs? A free shipping thing buying online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] MTG: Arena of the Planeswalkers - Battle for Zendikar - $11.52
Dropped to $11.52.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Guaglio
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] MTG: Arena of the Planeswalkers - Battle for Zendikar - $11. 44
brewgeek wrote:
Dropped to $11.52.

Wow nice, thanks! It even dropped a little more to $11.44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Kimmel
United States
Wheaton
IL
flag msg tools
mb
guaglio wrote:
brewgeek wrote:
Dropped to $11.52.

Now $10.54

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PhotoJoeCA
United States
Bellflower
California
flag msg tools
Mine arrived today. In addition to costing a little more than what Chad saw it priced at mine came with some significant crushing damage to the product, but not the outer shipping box.

When processing my replacement order it had a specific category to select if product is damaged but the shipping container wasn't damaged, vs arriving with damage to shipping container and product both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Guaglio
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] MTG: Arena of the Planeswalkers - Battle for Zendikar - $10.54
Vonrapp wrote:
guaglio wrote:
brewgeek wrote:
Dropped to $11.52.

Now $10.54

Low enough to call for another edit. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Bought a second set because I didn't want to buy three more pasta salad packs.

Okay, I'll bite. How did a second copy of MTG:AotP save you from buying three pasta salad packs? A free shipping thing buying online?

Yep! Free shipping!

I also bought $92 of games at a Cardhause Black Friday sale because I wanted the $8 Zombicide Game Night kit. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Its down to $9.89 $9.75 now. I grabbed a second copy, mainly so I try out team eldrazi variant. It keeps falling so I cancelled. C'mon $8 shipped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Brea
California
flag msg tools
pew pew pew
mbmbmbmbmb
Now $8.92! How low will it go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
Its down to $9.89 $9.75 now. I grabbed a second copy, mainly so I try out team eldrazi variant. It keeps falling so I cancelled. C'mon $8 shipped!

Second copy? Team Eldrazi variant? What's that? Should I get a second copy?

Edit: It's down to $8.73.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$8.70 now.

Bought a second copy because why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:
Bgg_Lurker wrote:

Second copy? Team Eldrazi variant? What's that? Should I get a second copy?

It's an official 1 vs many team scenario included in this set. As far as I know a second copy isn't at all necessary to play it though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.