Subject: Morrigan and Tyr na nOg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent Lavenant
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could you please confirm that the effect of the gates of Tyr na nOg can be triggered by the Morrigan if the order of play changes?

Mr Martinez, Matagot, this gaMe is a real geM

Dans le Mot je t'aiMe
TandeM
Autant d'M...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I confirm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Závetz
Hungary
flag msg tools
No it cannot be triggered. Tír na nóg says that the change has to be in the Assembly Phase in order to trigger the effect and since the Morrigan is a Season card, it can only be played in the Season Phase, which is not the Assembly Phase. Hope it helps Good game BTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Závetz
Hungary
flag msg tools
Oh, well I think I was wrong then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Lavenant
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zavtibi7 wrote:
No it cannot be triggered. Tír na nóg says that the change has to be in the Assembly Phase in order to trigger the effect and since the Morrigan is a Season card, it can only be played in the Season Phase, which is not the Assembly Phase. Hope it helps Good game BTW!

I have the french version, but I don't see any direct reference to the Assembly Phase in the text written on the tile. Is this different for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Lavenant
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just checked... and you are right Tibor. The English version is different from the french : it mentions "during the assembly phase", which the french tile does'nt.
Your answer was so precise that i suspected some edition treachery

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3189456/inis
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3065028/inis

An errata for english speakers Christian?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... I didn't mention the Assembly in Tir Na nOg's effect specifically to allow the combo with The Morrigan!

My advice would be to play any card or tile as written in your language, because it works in both cases, it's just that it works a bit differently.

So in this case, Morrigan combos with the french Tir Na nOg, but not with the english one.

Maybe further thinking and discussion with Matagot will make me change my mind, but I think it's the most simple for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we debated this point a lot because both options work just fine. Eventually we went for what the French version tells. But again both works so easier to use the one that matches your card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to thank you both for the quick, reasoned, and thorough responses. Great support for a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.