$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Jórvík» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about timing of "Attack of the Picts" in the autumn season rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Boe
Denmark
Odder
DK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last game of Jorvik that we played resulted in a timing question that resulted in us skipping the "Attack of the Picts" from the Autumn season.

Usually the "Attack of the Picts" card is not the absolute last card of the season so you resolve that card and place the next card on its place, and if its the last card in the Spring and Summer its not a problem since it just acts as the first card in the next season and gets replaced.

But we had the Autumn "Attack of the Picts" card as the last of the Autumn deck before the final +4/-4 "Attack of the Picts" so we couldn't agree on what would be the right thing to do and decided to skip it.

But in hindsight I should probably have ruled that we played and resolved that card, replaced it with the final attack card and then resolved the final attack as well, what are your thoughts?

/René

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it's the same you have to do in Speicherstadt, you just evaluate that card and the last one at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you resolve the attack... don't replace the card because it can't be replaced... play the round as usual and at the start of the following round resolve the last attack and the game ends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is Feld's ruling from The Speicherstadt. You can safely assume that it's the same for Jorvik:

Attention: Occasionally it may happen that the card 3rd fire (D) is the final autumn card and sits right above the card 4th
fire (E). In that event, the round ends after revealing and carrying out the 3rd fire, but carry out the 4th fire immediately.
After that, the game ends.

Fires being Picts, obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.