Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys think these are priced a bit high in the Kickstarter?

$20 for a deck of 56 cards and it's actually more than that. Getting both Blue and Red which gives you a $5 discount then adds $10 shipping. First of all, since when does shipping two small decks of cards cost $10? Second, sorry, we live in an age of Amazon Prime and free shipping from most of the online board game retailers if you spend a certain dollar amount. Spending $45 on 112 cards seems ridiculous.

It's also pretty greedy to restrict the stretch goals to needing to buy both decks. Kickstarter is supposed to incentivize giving money early instead of waiting for retail. This will be one of the first Level 99 Kickstarters I pass up. I know, they are working with Jasco and they're the ones actually running the Kickstarter but it is L99's product still.

This has soured me a bit on a company I previously thought was "one of the good ones."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a pixel tactics set is normally $15, here they are dealing with a licensed IP which is where the extra $5 comes from. They are not doing things nearly at the scale of amazon, which means they dont get any of the bulk discounts that amazon gets on shipping. They are charging what is probably pretty close to their actual cost on shipping. They've had to a take a loss in the past because of unexpectedly high shipping costs, and they've become signifacntly more cautious in that regard in the last couple of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
So a pixel tactics set is normally $15, here they are dealing with a licensed IP which is where the extra $

Point of clarification. MSRP is $15, you can get any of the Pixel Tactics sets for $10-11.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&...

I'm not particularly interested in paying 225% more for a licensed product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
soccastar001 wrote:
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
So a pixel tactics set is normally $15, here they are dealing with a licensed IP which is where the extra $

Point of clarification. MSRP is $15, you can get any of the Pixel Tactics sets for $10-11.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&...

I'm not particularly interested in paying 225% more for a licensed product.

Then, err, don't? The licence is pretty much the only component of the price not also present on regular Pixel Tactics. It's impossible to say whether that is overpriced, since that is a subjective valuation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson

Athens
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel you on this product versus the previous Pixel Tactics products. Also, I think the answer is yes and no. When compared to the rest of the PT line, are these sets overpriced? Yes. But, as the other users have said, the "x" factor here (forgive the bad pun) is the licensed IP.

When released, these sets may be priced the same as the other PT sets or they may be priced a bit higher... again, it's hard to tell because we don't know what sort of deal Level99 has with Jasco Games.

One thing to consider is that there will be promo cards included in your pledge, so depending on how much you value the promo cards, that can help offset some of the cost.

Another thing to consider is that Jasco has the rights to Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, AND Dragonball Z... so if this little partnership is mutually beneficial for both companies and keeps growing, I can only hope that we'll eventually see one or all of these IPs make it into an Exceed block!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.