Z War One: Damnation» Forums » General

Subject: Ultimate survival mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
Been toying with adding another game mode in the issue 3 comic. "Ultimate survival mode" Play the campaign as normal but ammunition / equipment usage carries over to the next mission. You still cash in your loot and level up between missions but your starting equipment set is not replenished (with the exception of sam's stick tank). If a hero is killed, replace them with a newborn (like in director games) & discard their equipmet, if the other heroes survive, the dead hero/heroes come back for the next mission with their initial equipment set replenished (but get no XP for the mission they were killed in.) If everyone is killed you restart that ISSUE with everyone's basic equipment replenished. Any additional equipment/weapons you find carry over to the next mission.

The game wasn't designed to play this way as it would be impossible to balance a 26 chapter campaign not knowing what gear the team has each mission, but i think it would be a really fun alternative way to play the game, with mega emphasis on scavenging for gear.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
Oh yeah, infection stage carries over to the next mission too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL MCLAUGHLIN
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sounds hard going,i love the game as is but i do tinker. I am planning a full R.A.C team (Delta,Cole and Felice) hold out,endless zombies and limited ammo as character sheet but ammo can be exchanged if bullets look the same.May be ammo drops?. Here is my Christmas list Rob. Blisters of extra figures diggers noobs etc.Normal zombies easy to get, just the special to the game ones.Card scenery see the Battle Front people and nice colour hard back of the comic strip. Only need all this when game finished of course whistle This really is not just another zombie game. Cheers Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
Cheers paul, i'll see what i can do

You can add Jack to your RAC team too, he's not a RAC, but he's special forces and works alongside RAC teams all the time "in universe"

Never been too keen on the "hold out" type missions, sitting back and shooting for a long time always seems a little dull. We have a few missions with that kind of vibe, but we generally try and mix some other stuff/objectives in there to keep it interesting. Issue 2's "house party" has you defending the barricades for so long then running for 1 of 2 possible exits, "The Horde" from issue 1 is based on taking out the spawn points, so it does force you to do other things & it does actually have an ending. Have you played "breakwater" from the Delta campaign? that's probably closest to a "hold out" kind of thing, but again, it's time limited so it does actually finish and has a tonne of other stuff you can / have to do.

I thought about ammo drops for a big game i've been planning. Did you see my FB post about the 24 hr charity event the other day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL MCLAUGHLIN
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Rob had me there for a mo on Jack we need some fluff on him and Han. I have done both one shots but not allowing myself to start fully till painted up, want the full experience. Might spawn a red bracelet civilian every so often in my hold out game and somebody will have to go get them and bring them in. Playing solo at moment kids both left me for uni. Will try and get the wife to play when she has run out of Poldark episodes. Will check out your FB page. Cant wait for next issues, Boss figure looks great,as you can tell from my profile i am not really one for comments i just like this game so much. Keep up the great work.zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dicesports wrote:
Cheers paul, i'll see what i can do

You can add Jack to your RAC team too, he's not a RAC, but he's special forces and works alongside RAC teams all the time "in universe"

Never been too keen on the "hold out" type missions, sitting back and shooting for a long time always seems a little dull. We have a few missions with that kind of vibe, but we generally try and mix some other stuff/objectives in there to keep it interesting. Issue 2's "house party" has you defending the barricades for so long then running for 1 of 2 possible exits, "The Horde" from issue 1 is based on taking out the spawn points, so it does force you to do other things & it does actually have an ending. Have you played "breakwater" from the Delta campaign? that's probably closest to a "hold out" kind of thing, but again, it's time limited so it does actually finish and has a tonne of other stuff you can / have to do.

I thought about ammo drops for a big game i've been planning. Did you see my FB post about the 24 hr charity event the other day?

I would like to see all this SF type start with auto, pistol, combat knife and extra ammo. After all they probably have access to it and it would be there nortmasl load out.

This could be balanced by adding 1 to all zombie rolls etc.( I have plenty of ammo counters from War fighter. )

For survivors making there way and scavenging I understand the limits but the RAC / professionals Perhaps they need tougher objectives. It seems others and maybe yourself see value in a different play modes for them but are not sure what that is yet.

I am not thinking game but theme , the game is great just exploring tangents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.