34.5% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Numbers are in...

2.8% wage increase, 4.9% unemployment rate. Best news for HRC, puts Trumper's AMERICA IS BURNING ALIVE argument down the toilet.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/04/500650409/...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/business/economy/jobs-repo...

Of course, some RSPers will conclude that these numbers are cooked by a secret Cabal of Jews running the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's this?
A complicit media has published "GOOD" numbers for their candidate?
Which will all inevitably be revised. And I cant imagine which way they will be revised, post election.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?
Which will all inevitably be revised. And I cant imagine which way they will be revised, post election.

And you manage to make Darth's point for him. Good for you. Keep up the great work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

And you manage to make Darth's point for him. Good for you. Keep up the great work

If his point is, that job numbers come out, they are all inevitable revised down, then yeah, I guess I did.
Also, you are living on Mars, or are just exercising willfull denial if you believe that the mass media is not in the tank for Hillary.
Wikileaks showed us that, but of course you all hate wikileaks now right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

If his point is, that job numbers come out, they are all inevitable revised down, then yeah, I guess I did.
Also, you are living on Mars, or are just exercising willfull denial if you believe that the mass media is not in the tank for Hillary.

Are you receiving the transmission? Perhaps move your left ass cheek slightly to the right and get your balls out of the water.

* Assume that Dashi just sits on his terlet, alternating between jerking it and posting on BGG (and other alt-right sites)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

More like you making claim based on the voices in your head and being ignorant of the jobs created under the Obama administration. But do keep up the public idiocy in service of The Donald. It is so amusing to watch. Like the lack of evidence you come up with.

The Donald says there is a conspiracy so his brainless lackeys follow in lockstep. How piquant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a single attendee at today's Trump rallies will believe a word of it. 'Cuz they know what they know because they know it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

Heh. I was listening to a podcast last week (same one with Frum, I think) and they predicted precisely this. Good numbers that would "unexpectedly" be revised downward after the election was safely past.

We've seen this movie a few dozen times before. Predictable as the sun rising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say the jobs report is 'perfect' for Clinton. A report around 200,000 or 220,000 would have been perfect and likely swung some voters around. From the NPR story linked in the OP:
NPR Report wrote:
The jobs growth was slightly under expectations — economists had predicted around 175,000 new jobs, NPR's John Ydstie reports.

Even so the report is not significantly under expectations and still represents strong jobs growth. Overall I think it has near zero impact on the election.

TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

If his point is, that job numbers come out, they are all inevitable revised down, then yeah, I guess I did. [...]

NPR Report wrote:
But the report also revised upward the job growth for August and September. August had been pegged at 167,000 new jobs and is now at 176,000; September had been reported as 156,000 and is now 191,000.
my emphases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

Heh. I was listening to a podcast last week (same one with Frum, I think) and they predicted precisely this. Good numbers that would "unexpectedly" be revised downward after the election was safely past.

What a strange, terrifying world you lot seem to live in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

The real world is pretty terrifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Calculated Risk finance and economics blog:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo yeah it's really great news

That's from:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-pa...

(Yes, I don't like the condensed y-axis that much either for exaggerating the effects, but it does show the maximum amount of variation.)

So sure -- there's an upward blip at the tail end, but... so?

But it doesn't matter if stuff is real, it matters if "omg month over month changed +0.1%, WE'VE SAVED AMERICA"

Who writes this shit and who is listening?

Woo yeah life is getting SO MUCH BETTER... give me a fucking break

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

Interesting. Perhaps you haven't noticed the fear-soaked threads furiously posted here every hour from your fellow travelers?

If you want to see what hysteria looks like, check in on your comrades' threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

It's what keeps them down. They have to blame someone.... something, other than themselves. The worst kind of American, because they really just want someone else to make it better, but they swing wildly in anger, claiming that someone put them in this position - the Guvment, the Media, the Jews.

It is definitely specific to the US... the poor, persecuted, put-upon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

Interesting. Perhaps you haven't noticed the fear-soaked threads furiously posted here every hour from your fellow travelers?

If you want to see what hysteria looks like, check in on your comrades' threads.

Hey, at least we are winning. Rather that condition, than the poor, dejected, repressed loser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Woo yeah it's really great news

That's from:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-pa...

(Yes, I don't like the condensed y-axis that much either for exaggerating the effects, but it does show the maximum amount of variation.)

So sure -- there's an upward blip at the tail end, but... so?

But it doesn't matter if stuff is real, it matters if "omg month over month changed +0.1%, WE'VE SAVED AMERICA"

Who writes this shit and who is listening?

Well, at least we know who is collecting an unemployment check.

Yes, please do tell me, relative to the rest of the world, how fucking poorly our economy is doing?

And don't try to claim that the artificial early 2ks was a dreamland - because it was propped up by lies and market manipulation of the worst kind. And then it slapped down hard on our collective testicles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

I'm not sure if you are just a moron or if you are doing it on purpose, but if you instead look at the labor force participation rate of working aged individuals it actually looks just fine. Your ~50 year graph ignores the fact that people are going to school longer and that we have a lot more people who are now too old to work. I know it tells the story you want to hear, but it is, at best, misleading.

So sure, the numbers aren't as good as they were when Bill Clinton was president, but Obama's numbers are at least as good as Reagan, and the trend has been steadily upwards since a few months after he stepped into office.

Also, to be clear, I do not give most of the credit for the improving job market to Obama. I do not believe that the president has much control over the job market. All I am doing here is refuting your misleading graphs. Also if you go back earlier than 1980 you'll see that the percent of working aged adults participating in the labor market were even lower than they are now, so based on your methodology Obama would be doing a fantastic job compared to historical data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

"Fear soaked"? Oh I get it you mean facts. I know how the alt right finds facts terrifying, but to the rest of us they are just facts.

And really "Comrades", "Fellow Travelers". How nostalgic. A trip back to McCarthyism. Those folks were terrified little bastards who thought nothing about destroying people with these type of phrases also. You alt right morons dont even have the brain power to be original in your ignorance and prejudice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Elfbane wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What's this?

"Fear soaked"? Oh I get it you mean facts. I know how the alt right finds facts terrifying, but to the rest of us they are just facts.

And really "Comrades", "Fellow Travelers". How nostalgic. A trip back to McCarthyism. Those folks were terrified little bastards who thought nothing about destroying people with these type of phrases also. You alt right morons dont even have the brain power to be original in your ignorance and prejudice

He is McCarthy's clone from a do-it-yersef cloning kit by Ronco.

It appears the Ronco kit was recalled due to defective intellects in the progeny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Terwox wrote:

I'm not sure if you are just a moron or if you are doing it on purpose, but if you instead look at the labor force participation rate of working aged individuals it actually looks just fine. Your ~50 year graph ignores the fact that people are going to school longer and that we have a lot more people who are now too old to work. I know it tells the story you want to hear, but it is, at best, misleading.

So sure, the numbers aren't as good as they were when Bill Clinton was president, but Obama's numbers are at least as good as Reagan, and the trend has been steadily upwards since a few months after he stepped into office.

My bad, only silly people worry about whether or not old people (who only vote for entitlements for old people) are aging out of the workforce and must be paid for by all the people (who are staying in school longer) racking up school debt (which isn't subsidized by the remaining workforce at all.)

But phew, we have slightly more people working if we adjust to the working age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
People holding multiple jobs is at record high. Full-time jobs are down:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-04/multiple-jobholders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
sfox wrote:
Terwox wrote:

My bad, only silly people worry about whether or not old people (who only vote for entitlements for old people) are aging out of the workforce and must be paid for by all the people (who are staying in school longer) racking up school debt (which isn't subsidized by the remaining workforce at all.)

So now you believe the president is responsible for how old people are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
People holding multiple jobs is at record high. Full-time jobs are down:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-04/multiple-jobholders...

I think we found ourselves a paid, Russian plant. Hello, comrade.

Zero Hedge has been characterized in the media as conspiratorial, anti-establishment and pessimistic, occasionally producing misleading information. Critics have alleged that the site "reliably peddles Russian propaganda".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Terwox wrote:
sfox wrote:
Terwox wrote:

So now you believe the president is responsible for how old people are?

Good one.

Ok, now explain away our rising Gini coefficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.