Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,
what are you top scores?
Our first game the winners scored 69VP and 70VP in a 4 player game.
Top score so far was 76VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my second game, 3-player, two of us played the standard game with corporations. The third player used a basic corporation, his first time playing. He blew us away - I'm pretty sure he had 81 and we were around 60.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won my last four player game 78/76. I'm sure that there's more to be achieved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My last 2p game saw a final score of 103-93.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen multiplayer scores breaking a 100 once or twice. I don't think high scores in multiplayer are especially meaningful though, given the variable game length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hmmm, makes me wonder if my husband and I are doing something wrong.

We have played four times -- the first three with the regular corps (and +1 starting production for everything) and the last time with the corporate cards and rule (no starting production). All scores (including losing scores) except two have been over 90. I think perhaps we are not driving the game to its conclusion as quickly as others.

Our scores so far:

104-99
90-87
111-111 (a tie, broken by the tie-breaker)
98-77

Trying to end the game quickly or making it last longer seems to be an important strategic consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Because the game will generally last over more generations when you
- play with CE
- play with fewer players,

absolute end scores will not be comparable between different "game modes".

If you write down not only your scores, but also the corporations and whether it was a standard or a CE game, then Bastinator will be happy to include your results in his score statistics collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Furry Fox
msg tools
2-player: 156-111 (was extremely lucky throughout the game.)

@Christopher:

Check out the following thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654557/help-needed-lets-co...

-for 2-player games it is normal to have scores between 90 and 120.
-for 5-player games, it's around 50 to 70.

EDIT: Ninja'd, but the link cannot be re-posted often enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, my friend told me of a game he and his GF intentionally drew out, they both ended with scores above 125.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy DuCharme

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
I won with 76 points playing Phobos Logistics. Five players, Corporate cards, drafting on alternate turns only, meaning no cards on even turns. Table rule from the guy who owned the game to speed things up. Also I think the set up was off, rereading the rules, you deal corporate cards, then deal project cards, then once you have both hands, you get to choose corporation and project?

I think two other guys were more concerned with keeping the space cards they could out of my hands than using them themselves, while I was picking the most powerful/useful cards I could use for my drafting. Given the ten plus point spread between me and second place? I think it came back to bite both of them. Though it helped I had asteroid mining as an opening card, and drew Thorium beam on the first draw. Getting that Large Ice Asteroid was nice too.

Methane from Titan and Water from Europa were claimed by player with Thorgate. Ironically I'm not sure if he ever imported any water, and I wound up with more power cards than he did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nikas Zekeval wrote:
Five players, Corporate cards, drafting on alternate turns only, meaning no cards on even turns. Table rule from the guy who owned the game to speed things up.

Pretty weird one, but hey.

Quote:
Also I think the set up was off, rereading the rules, you deal corporate cards, then deal project cards, then once you have both hands, you get to choose corporation and project?

Correct, if you play a regular (non-beginner) corporation, you get your 10 project cards AND 2 corporation cards before you have to decide on anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vergililus De Kat
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't remember the scores from our first multiplayer (3 players, standard game), but I *do* remember the scores from our second game:

Full CE-game, 2 player (my wife vs me): 103 and 102 points!
To be clear, my wife was second-to-last with 103 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy DuCharme

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
Snapshot wrote:
Nikas Zekeval wrote:
Five players, Corporate cards, drafting on alternate turns only, meaning no cards on even turns. Table rule from the guy who owned the game to speed things up.

Pretty weird one, but hey.

We were playing in a game store so had a hard limit on when things had to end, and had two players new to the game in particular, but not gaming in general. About a two and a half hour game, it basically worked out as skipping the draw every other turn. It did give a chance to pull some larger cards out if you had two turns before you got any more. On previous play throughs they found the drafting took the longest. And we had a pretty good rythm going during the actions, at most players pausing to figure out if they wanted to spread out their turn with single actions, in hope conditions would improve to play a card this turn instead of next.

Also with that many players and normal draws how likely is it you will churn through a deck and have to reshuffle the discards. Not that I would have minded given I think besides sucking them up two guys were burying space cards in the discards to keep them away from me since I was playing Phobos Logistics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
As this game is designed, you get more points with fewer players, so you can't compare a winning score in a 2-player game with a winning score of a 5-player game, as the global parameter TRs will get distributed among more players, also, fewer player has fewer resources (in total) running which means they need to build larger engines to be able to get all global parameters to the top, which creates more opportunities for better scores from cards. 2-player games seems rather usual to hit the 100 points line, while 4 or 5 player games usually end up around 70-80 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nikas Zekeval wrote:
We were playing in a game store so had a hard limit on when things had to end

Ah, that makes sense then. In fact, I'd say it's a pretty nifty way to play an introductory game that's shorter, but still lets you go through the entire span of a game.

Quote:
Also with that many players and normal draws how likely is it you will churn through a deck and have to reshuffle the discards. Not that I would have minded given I think besides sucking them up two guys were burying space cards in the discards to keep them away from me since I was playing Phobos Logistics.

With 4p CE games, we sometimes need to reshuffle, with 5p I'd say it's more likely to happen. In a standard game (without CE), the deck has 79 fewer cards, but you probably won't finish 4 generations earlier, so I think standard games with 4-5p will also see reshuffles at least sometimes (but I don't play standard game often enough to be sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy DuCharme

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
Snapshot wrote:
Nikas Zekeval wrote:
We were playing in a game store so had a hard limit on when things had to end

Ah, that makes sense then. In fact, I'd say it's a pretty nifty way to play an introductory game that's shorter, but still lets you go through the entire span of a game.

Yeah, from start to store close we had about three hours. The owner might occasionally let things run a bit long, particularly for clean up, but we didn't want to presume to much on his hospitality either.

Quote:
Quote:

With 4p CE games, we sometimes need to reshuffle, with 5p I'd say it's more likely to happen. In a standard game (without CE), the deck has 79 fewer cards, but you probably won't finish 4 generations earlier, so I think standard games with 4-5p will also see reshuffles at least sometimes (but I don't play standard game often enough to be sure).

Maybe, depends on the number of generations that get played. The math is deck size/(players*(10+4*generations)). For a five player CE game that means eight generations before you churn through the deck, eleven for a four player game. AFAICT that is about the point the game ends anyway.

Churning the deck is easier without the CE cards, you start with 137 instead of 208. So by the fifth generation for a five player game or on the seventh generation for a four player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
Nikas Zekeval wrote:
Maybe, depends on the number of generations that get played. The math is deck size/(players*(10+4*generations)). For a five player CE game that means eight generations before you churn through the deck, eleven for a four player game. AFAICT that is about the point the game ends anyway.

Actually, the formula for the number of cards used should be

Cards used = 6*players + 4*generations*players

This is because the research phase is skipped on the first turn (since you already did the setup)

Or, if you want to figure out the the number of generations g you can play with deck size d and player number p:

g = (d-6p)/4p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy DuCharme

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
Bastinator1 wrote:
Nikas Zekeval wrote:

Actually, the formula for the number of cards used should be

Cards used = 6*players + 4*generations*players

This is because the research phase is skipped on the first turn (since you already did the setup)

Or, if you want to figure out the the number of generations g you can play with deck size d and player number p:

g = (d-6p)/4p

Right, forgot to account for that. Also that final formula can by further simplified as g=(d/4p)-1.5 Or divide the deck size by four times the number of players, and subtract 1.5 to get the number of max number of generations. A bit hard to control for Inventrix (draw three for the first action), map bonuses (five total cards), and any cards that allow you to draw cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.