Hide
7 Posts

The Oracle of Delphi» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ship Tile - Advance all Gods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernesto Carmelino
msg tools
On the ship tile that lets you "Advance all your Gods on the God Track in the row showinng the number of players participating in the game. After using a special action of a god, return it to that row instead of the lowest row." Does it let you benefit from other player rolls every turn? Since you are actually never on the lowest row on any of the God Tracks you should be able to get up one step every other players turn.

We had issues with this tile since it seemed really unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, yes (unless other players roll a die matching only gods you have on the top row ie. ready to use).

In long, read this long post about this very question here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1662821/ship-tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ernesto,

what makes you think this ship tile is out of balance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Carmelino
msg tools
I feel this tile is not balanced for the different player count. While in 2 player games seems to be ok. In 4 player games where you benefit from 3 player rolls every round instead of an average of 0-1 on the early turns seems way too much. In my opiniom thos tile should work different for the different count of players maybe like the Mercator ex Tabriz in Marco Polo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Ovrlol wrote:
I feel this tile is not balanced for the different player count. While in 2 player games seems to be ok. In 4 player games where you benefit from 3 player rolls every round instead of an average of 0-1 on the early turns seems way too much. In my opiniom thos tile should work different for the different count of players maybe like the Mercator ex Tabriz in Marco Polo.

It does, since the starting row for the gods is determined by the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vahe K
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only will you benefit from raising your gods during the other 3 players turns, the other strong effect of this ship ability is that when you use the god power you set the god token back to the row of the 4 player game showing, that's extremely powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Zeeb
Germany
flag msg tools
Actually, you set it back to the row where it started. Meaning, in a two-player game, it returns to the "cloud" showing the symbol for 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.