Subject: Smash Up Faction Description Cards Updated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Ritter

SanAntonio
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cards for every faction that describe what the theme of the deck is for less experienced players in a non-biased way that doesn't tell them strategy, but instead just informs them about what the deck does. These can also function as randomizers. I print these on page-sized packing labels and stick them to regular playing cards.
PDF Version of all expansions up to "Cease and Desist."

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/128418/faction-descriptio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
awesome idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake Ritter wrote:
Cards for every faction that describe what the theme of the deck is for less experienced players in a non-biased way that doesn't tell them strategy, but instead just informs them about what the deck does. These can also function as randomizers. I print these on page-sized packing labels and stick them to regular playing cards.
PDF Version of all expansions up to "Cease and Desist."

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/128418/faction-descriptio...

Nice.
My only suggestion would be to put the Geeks on the same page as It's Your Fault to optimize space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin González
msg tools
This is nice. I will go ahead and use it as a reference to aid me in teaching new people.

One comment: I think I would add that Werewolves gain additional benefits from becoming the strongest minion on a base (their "alpha wolf" flavor is showed in 3 cards of their faction, so it could be mentioned somewhere.) Other than that, this is pretty spot on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet C.
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
DWN021 wrote:
This is nice. I will go ahead and use it as a reference to aid me in teaching new people.

One comment: I think I would add that Werewolves gain additional benefits from becoming the strongest minion on a base (their "alpha wolf" flavor is showed in 3 cards of their faction, so it could be mentioned somewhere.) Other than that, this is pretty spot on.

Note that the actions that allow bonuses do not say that they must be played on one of your own minions. It's probably better to put them on an opponent's King Rex, a treasured Dwarf, or Cyberback than on one of your own werewolves. It's less likely to be countered that way. As the action is still yours, the effect remains yours regardless of who owns the minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin González
msg tools
I know that, but the gimmick is still aparent in their faction. Since what the OP is aiming for is giving a brief overview of what the faction has to offer, I feel it needs to be included. How you use said gimmick is not a reason to omit it from a description.

They have 3 cards that require "you" to be the strongest minion on a base (Leader of the Pack, Moontouched and Marking Territory, to an extent.) They also have 2 Chew Toys, which require you to be stronger than their minion.

Idk, at the end of the day it is not my project, but I would at least make a brief mention, 'cuz that's what Werewolves aim for in the end: to be the "pack alpha".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.