Subject: Trapped Like Rats Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm confused about a number of points about this scenario.

In the description, it states:
Quote:
A hero in an area adjacent to the door to area 11 can perform a complex Manipulation with a difficulty of 5 to pick the lock. If the hero succeeds, remove the door from the board.

In room 11, there is one door on the south side (red) and one on the east (white). Are both doors locked? In other words, the first thing the heroes need to do in this scenario is unlock one of these two doors, correct? Or is the white door unlocked and they can go out directly? If so, what's the point of the red door?

Where exactly can the heroes escape? Is it only by using the tools to create an exit through a window? Or is the red door at the "entrance" (by room 0) an exit? What about the red door in room 11? If either of the red doors are exits, why not just pick the lock on the first turn and escape that way? Which leads me to believe that neither door is actually openable at all.

I don't know if I'm dense or this is confusing to other people as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To make it a game I'm guessing the red doors are impassible and you have to get the tools to a window to escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aubaine wrote:
I'm confused about a number of points about this scenario.

In the description, it states:
Quote:
A hero in an area adjacent to the door to area 11 can perform a complex Manipulation with a difficulty of 5 to pick the lock. If the hero succeeds, remove the door from the board.

In room 11, there is one door on the south side (red) and one on the east (white). Are both doors locked? In other words, the first thing the heroes need to do in this scenario is unlock one of these two doors, correct? Or is the white door unlocked and they can go out directly? If so, what's the point of the red door?

i haven't yet played this scenario, only read it, but...

i'm also confused by that. i can only assume that placing the red door there was mistake, and i have chosen to ignore it altogether.

aubaine wrote:
Where exactly can the heroes escape? Is it only by using the tools to create an exit through a window? Or is the red door at the "entrance" (by room 0) an exit? What about the red door in room 11? If either of the red doors are exits, why not just pick the lock on the first turn and escape that way? Which leads me to believe that neither door is actually openable at all.

I don't know if I'm dense or this is confusing to other people as well.

Look along the wall for windows. They can use The Tool to create an escape route through those windows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only lockpick the east (grey) door with a complex manipulation. The red doors can't be lockpicked or "wall wrecked" !

Major Mishap wrote:
To make it a game I'm guessing the red doors are impassible and you have to get the tools to a window to escape.

You're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pallantides wrote:

You can only lockpick the east (grey) door with a complex manipulation. The red doors can't be lockpicked or "wall wrecked" !

Ok, thanks everyone. So the red doors are really just impassable barriers and you have to escape through a window. That makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.