Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
is there a list of which expansions are required to play a given scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe, I'm unaware of any such list. Leafing through the scenario book my impression is that it would take a bit of work to tease this information out for all the scenarios in the book.

Offhand, I can easily see that there are scenarios for all regions/hostiles (including Eastern Europe), at least one scenario for the US (most), British (quite a few), and Russian (one) factions as well as some scenarios that don't specify a required faction.

Some scenarios specify soldiers, weapons, and gear while others allow free reign of decision. Some scenarios specify certain locations and hostile cards to be in play. It would take a bit of work to verify what expansions are necessary to comply with all the soldiers, weapons, gear, hostile, and location cards.

My guess is that you could probably play some of the scenarios with just the core game, but you'd want some expansions, certainly the British and Russian/Eastern European decks to get the most mileage out of the scenario book if you weren't going to buy every expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, just saw you responded (and appreciate it!) I own expansions 1-5, plus the footlocker. What annoys me is attempting to start a mission and seeing I need the close combat red dot sight, which took me a few days to get the info on what that is in BGG. It'd be helpful if DVG had written in the book what expansions are needed for a given scenario, although I know I can ignore all those that don't use US soldiers.

Ah well, was worth a shot to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.