Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

when playing some solo games this week I had an idea. For my next game I cheated the setup: For the neutral cities I chose position 3 and 4 with the greenery tile adjacent to the upper/lower border.
For the corporation I chose United Nations Mars Initiative.
I planted the card 'Standard Projects' into the starting hand.
I bought only this card and discarded the other 9. For the rest of the game I bought no further cards. When I got cards as placementbonus I discarded them for 1€. (Of course I still used all placementboni and the 8 heat -> 1 temp / 8 plants -> 1 greenery conversions)

I won the game!

After that I repeated the experiment with Credicor as corporation - and won again. In comparison to UNMI Cradicor started with more credits so it reached the steps for heatproduction on the temperaturetrack one round earlier. So it got 3 instead of 2 free temperature steps.
UNMI got 14 TFR during the game and the connected increased income. Credicor saved 4 money on each greenery tile and on cities for more points.

Just because I can: Guess who got more points! (I'll post the results later this weekend.)
Poll
Who got more points in this special setup?
UNMI
Credicor
      19 answers
Poll created by Fluxx

Do you think any other corporation would be able to win this setup? Ecoline? Helion?

BTW: I wouldn't recommend to copy this playstyle - it reduces this wonderful gme to a pure spreadsheet. But it was interesting to test it - and it showed me how important the timing in some moments could be. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Gischer
United States
California
flag msg tools
When you say "timing" I take it you mean to point out that certain things are worth more when done early in the game. For instance, I just stopped to think about whether building a power plant on the first turn made sense, and was worth more than an asteroid. If you are UNMI, you take one asteroid for sure, but if you are Credicor? I'm not actually sure.

I may have to do this myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 'timing' I meant basicaly the question when to place oceans and when greeneries to get the best result out of the placementboni. In some rounds I rused some projects and afterwards realised that I could do one project more if I change the order of the actions.

I doubt that a power plant would b of any use in this setup. As Credicor you can activate the first heatproduction in round 1 and the second in round 2 - this would not be possible if you build a powerplant. So the first round where you could build it is round 3. This wold give you 10 heat instead of the 8 heat an asteorid is worth - but delays the increased income for 8 rounds. This doesn't sound like a great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
Funny. I once tried the solo game using ONLY standard actions, playing Credicor, and figured out it was impossible to win.
Iirc I was short by a handful greeneries.

Nice to hear that standard projects changes this though

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, which corporation did win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sry - I wanted to post it yesterday but totally forgot it.

Results:

UNMI:
TFR: 70 (56 + 14)
greeneries: 15
cities: 4 (1 city)
total: 89

Credicor:
TFR: 56
greenieries: 16
cities: 11 (3 cities)
total: 83

So the United Nation Mars Initiative got more points.

Of course I can't be sure that I made optimal moves with each corporation. But I think if I played nearly the same way - if I mised s.th. it is more likely with UNMI as I played that first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.