Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I know that being in the US, my copy won't be here until late November, however I'm wondering what the first impressions are for those lucky people across the pond from me who have received their copies already. I'm curious to know not only a gamer's perspective, but also from a non-gamer's perspective. I'm fairly confident that if the play throughs and concepts are as they appear that I'll love the game, but I'm curious to see if my wife, who is a more casual gamer (Agricola, Catan, Splendor, Dominion, Dead of Winter)will enjoy the gameplay.

Oh, and if you have received this already... I'M JEALOUS! This was an instant "BUY" for me from day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola isn't a light game in my opinion. But anyway, my wife is not a hardcore gamer and really enjoyed it so far. See my review for a more detailed critique. I love it! 6th play coming up tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While demoing the game at Gen Con, I was surprised by the number of lighter gamers who played and enjoyed the game. There were even some groups who had never played a worker placement game before, so I had to explain the concepts from the ground up.

One young woman told me afterward that she had felt intimidated by all the rules (never played a worker placement before) but that it all made sense as the steps flowed from one to the next. She ended up winning her four-player game.

I start by describing companies as the heart of Crisis. I usually start with a simple one-input farm and describe how extra employees affect its output before showing a resort with its two output lines and multiplier. Once you understand a company card, you know how much money you need, you know which employees you need, you know which input resources you need, and you know which goods you can produce for export (basically laid out in order on the board). After that, it's easy to describe standard worker placement in the various manager locations, always referring back to the company cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Mechanisms are thematic and easy to relate to for everyone so it shouldn't be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool guys, thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping my wife dig this. Sure I can play it with the guys, but nothing beats getting a few impromptu games in once the kids go to bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.