5,802 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36.6% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I mean, do regular copies actually sell in stores?

Right now, for TEQ, there are 195 backers for the regular version (why?) and a whopping 10,394 backers for the Deluxe version.

Most copies that will be sold online after that will be Deluxe versions.

If I want to buy a Tiny Epic game I do not own, there's no way I will ever buy it in my local brick & mortar shop, since the regular version they sell is an inferior version.

So I'll be giving my money to the used market or resellers, thus depriving Gamelyn of making money off me.

I backed the Deluxe version of TEQ. But I'm a little puzzled by these "Deluxe" versions. Gamelyn has so many backers, there are probably more Deluxe versions of their games than regular ones out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sallay
msg tools
mbmb
That may be the case initially, but they sell a lot in stores. Tiny Epic Galaxies in particular has won many awards and been featured prominently in many places. I'm sure that amazon and CSI sell a lot of copies of it.

Also, right here on BGG, you can buy the deluxe content for $8. So you can pretty easily get the base game, see if you like it. If you do, you can very easily upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
[This space intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
On TEK and TED I backed the basic edition because I wasn't sure that the game was a good fit for me. I've ended up donating both of those games so I'm happy I didn't pay more for them. TEG s a good game in it's own right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew McKinney
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like an extreme view of the situation. The regular version won't be "inferior"; it just won't include the mini-expansion. And not everyone buys on the used market (myself included), so buying the regular version will be their easiest option. And it's a fine one: I've purchased the regular versions of both TED and TEW, and I'm no worse for the wear.

I think the Kickstarter campaign is really meant to push the Deluxe version, so that most backers get a little something special as a thank you, but they're given the option to save a few bucks if they want with the regular version. What we're really all doing is funding the regular version for distribution and getting deluxe versions for ourselves (and providing for a few more deluxe copies for those wanting some down the line).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.