Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Mason
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
First post. Be gentle.

I am looking for clarification on when “Control” attaches.

Specifically, my question flows from the language of Rusviet's Township ability, and abilities like it:

"TOWNSHIP: For the purposes of Move actions for your character and mechs, villages you control and the Factory are considered to be adjacent to each other. For example, if your mech is on a village, it can move from that village to (a) any other village you control or (b) the Factory.[emphasis added]"

My question is this: Under this ability’s text, when does Control attach? Does it attach when you end your turn, after all combat and retreat have resolved? Or, does Control attach in the middle of a turn, after you’ve taken one move action and ended that move action in the tile, with a remaining move action to be completed? Or, even still, does it attach in the middle of your turn whenever you enter an uncontrolled territory? Hypothetically, could the Rusviet player begin their turn, take the move action, enter an empty Village tile, then use their Township ability to move to the Factory? Or take one move action, move one unit into an uncontrolled village, then take their second move action with their character or mech into the same village tile, and activate their township? Or, would the Rusviet player have to wait until their turn is over, and wait until next turn to activate Township?

Simply stated, when does a faction Control a territory?

Thanks!

P.S. Scythe is the jam. Anyone on the fence about it should absolutely give it a try. Bravo to Jamey at Stonemaier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
It attaches in the middle of the turn. You can move to an unoccupied village and them jump to the factory.
You can not move from the factory to that unoccupied village though.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1625519/rusviet-move-cl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Mason
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
When you say the middle of the turn, do you mean in between move actions, or during the same move action? I don't mean to be dense, I just see two possible options when you say "in the middle of the turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HumanCropcircle wrote:
When you say the middle of the turn, do you mean in between move actions, or during the same move action? I don't mean to be dense, I just see two possible options when you say "in the middle of the turn."

The moment you have a building in a hex (right up to the moment that another faction walks into it), or walk a worker, mech, or character into a hex, you control it. The moment you leave it without any of the above, you no longer control it.

Yes, your character or mech can have a 2 hex movement, walk into a village with the first hex of movement (gaining control), then jump to the factory for the second hex of movement (now losing control of the village). They would not be able to come back.

They could come back if you moved a worker to a village first, assuming control, then subsequently moved your mech/character there with your second or third unit of movement.

As for completing objectives that require control, you can only complete an objective before or after the top action, and before or after the bottom action. So, while you may have controlled three forests as the same time as you moved through one, you must maintain control at the end of your movement phase (at the time you turn in the objective).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HumanCropcircle wrote:

During the move action. You do not need to control the village at the beginning of your turn, you control it when your mech lands on it, even if it's in the middle of a movement.

Note that this doesn't hold true when moving back to a village from the Factory. In that case, you must control the village before moving.

edit: ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Mason
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
logris wrote:
HumanCropcircle wrote:

The moment you have a building in a hex (right up to the moment that another faction walks into it), or walk a worker, mech, or character into a hex, you control it. The moment you leave it without any of the above, you no longer control it.

Yes, your character or mech can have a 2 hex movement, walk into a village with the first hex of movement (gaining control), then jump to the factory for the second hex of movement (now losing control of the village). They would not be able to come back.

They could come back if you moved a worker to a village first, assuming control, then subsequently moved your mech/character there with your second or third unit of movement.

As for completing objectives that require control, you can only complete an objective before or after the top action, and before or after the bottom action. So, while you may have controlled three forests as the same time as you moved through one, but you must maintain control at the end of your movement phase to count.

My man! Thank you very much for the answer, this cleared everything up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the Speed ability unlocked, then you can move one space onto the village space and gain control, then move your second move to the factory. So that would be gaining control on the middle of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.