Popular Tags: [View All]
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I have an opportunity to pick this up from a friend for about $60 but I am not sure that it will be worth it to me.

I am pretty cheap and generally don't spend that much on a game. I haven't seen a picture of all the components but it looked like a $40 game as far as I could tell.

Through the Ages, Dungeon Lords, Roads and Boats, and Food Chain Magnate have all been worth that kind of cost to me. Looking back on the enjoyment, Chaos in the Old World, would be worth that much because it is so amazing. Few other games would be worth that to me though.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I will also never remove your option to build your own:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8xlQYyEm7zMfndS...

Never say never I guess, the option to sell the game is always present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's rare for you to feel like a game is worth $60, I'd say you might as well wait and buy it from an online game store for cheaper, once the game is in normal distribution. It's listed as a preorder at CSI and MiniatureMarket for $40.

There's a second kickstarter happening in the near future, so tell your friend to sell their copy for big bucks while supply is still low! Just look at ebay or the BGG marketplace...it's selling for crazypants prices right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
Since it's rare for you to feel like a game is worth $60, I'd say you might as well wait and buy it from an online game store for cheaper, once the game is in normal distribution. It's listed as a preorder at CSI and MiniatureMarket for $40.

There's a second kickstarter happening in the near future, so tell your friend to sell their copy for big bucks while supply is still low! Just look at ebay or the BGG marketplace...it's selling for crazypants prices right now.

Good point. I can be patient. I am more cheap then impatient. It will eventually be more available and I will hop on it then. It looks soooooo cool but I have been disappointed before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
Just look at ebay or the BGG marketplace...it's selling for crazypants prices right now.

Geeze, I really like the game, but I might sell it now.
My friend didn't really like it and sold it to me for $15. You need to get some better friends Ronnie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Temelin wrote:
breegull wrote:
Just look at ebay or the BGG marketplace...it's selling for crazypants prices right now.

Geeze, I really like the game, but I might sell it now.
My friend didn't really like it and sold it to me for $15. You need to get some better friends Ronnie!

$15 is cray cray cheap!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Good point. I can be patient. I am more cheap then impatient. It will eventually be more available and I will hop on it then. It looks soooooo cool but I have been disappointed before.

It is pretty cool. Vast isn't for everyone, but neither is chocolate, and I'm pretty hooked on that too. There's a lot going on in the game so unless you have someone who's good at teaching, the rules take a little bit to really grok. Once you get to that point, it's great.

Don't ignore Patrick's Dropbox link either. He's posted all the material for the first edition. Even is PnP isn't your scene, you can print everything off as a cheap B&W test copy to check out the mechanics and decide if you want the real thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raithyn wrote:
Even is PnP isn't your scene, you can print everything off as a cheap B&W test copy to check out the mechanics and decide if you want the real thing.

IMHO... I've made a lot of PnPs but for me this game would be a poor candidate. a] It's a lot to print and cut. b] The mechanics aren't what ecite me about this game, it's the theme. I love the standees and the wooden bits and the colors. If there were more bling for this game I'd buy 'em. For me, I think a black-n-white PnP would leave me feeling meh on this game. Again, just IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
raithyn wrote:
Even is PnP isn't your scene, you can print everything off as a cheap B&W test copy to check out the mechanics and decide if you want the real thing.

IMHO... I've made a lot of PnPs but for me this game would be a poor candidate. a] It's a lot to print and cut. b] The mechanics aren't what ecite me about this game, it's the theme. I love the standees and the wooden bits and the colors. If there were more bling for this game I'd buy 'em. For me, I think a black-n-white PnP would leave me feeling meh on this game. Again, just IMHO.

If you don't care for the mechanics then certainly don't print it out. On the other hand, if you do it is well worth it. Oh, and the files are in full color, so it's only black-and-white if you print in gray-scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.