Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Hi Guys,

I have a few basic rule questions about the Black Plague starter game:

1. When a survivor enters a space with a zombie he must always stop. He can't spend extra activation points to continue moving. Is this correct?

2. If you are using a melee attack you can freely choose the target, correct? For example, if you are in a tile with 3 walkers and a Necromancer I could choose to kill the Necromancer first and then the walkers. Do I understand this correctly? Priority rules only apply to magic and ranged attacks I believe?

3. I also have a question concerning how zombie damage is taken. Lets say you have two survivors and seven zombies in a zone. The zombies attack and automatically hit with 7 damage points. My understanding is that one survivor can take all 7 points of damage himself and the other survivor would survive another round. Is this correct?

4. If a survivor has two different weapons in his hand he can only choose and attack with one at time correct? He does not combine the dice, correct? I saw an online game where the players were combining dice during combat. Unless you have dual-wield, identical cards I'm pretty sure they were doing it wrong.

5. This question is about noise and zombie movement. Lets say you have one zombie and two survivors. The zombie is in his own zone. The survivors are also in their own zones three spaces away. Let's say the survivors make equal noise and are both out of site.

My understanding is that since the survivors are equal distance away with equal noise tokens the single zombie would split and head to both survivors (one zone in this case). Am I correct?

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance for helping me out guys! First game is tonight and I want to get it right.

-Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: You must stop if you are using an action that lets you use multiple spaces in one Action. For example, you have a Skill that lets you move an extra space per Move action, or you are using a Bloodlust Skill that has you move two spaces. If your first movement of such an action puts you in a Zombie's space, then the movement part of the action must end there.

You can perform further actions that could provide movement, but if you use them in a Zone with Zobies, you must spend one additional action per Zombie.

For example, if a normal Survivor with no appropriate Skills in in Zone A, a Zombie is in Zone B (next to A) and the Survivor wants to get to Zone C (next to B), the following is acceptable: The Survivor spends one Move action to move from Zone A to Zone B. They then perform another Move action at the cost of two actions to move to Zone C. Three actions have been spent in total.

2: Yes.

3: Yes.

4: They were doing it wrong. You can only use Dual Wield weapons at the same time. However, weapon abilities of the weapon you are not using but have in hand might apply. For example, the Dagger has an ability which powers up the weapon you are using in the other hand.

5: Rewriting this one as I misread the question... The Zombies do not try to target a Survivor. They target Zones. There is only one target Zone in your example, and it has 2+2X Noise, where X is the amount of Noise each Survivor made. Each Survivor figure counts as a Noise token when determining the Zone of loudest Noise.

Furthermore, distance does not matter when you determine the target Zones. You only look at line of sight and amount of Noise to determine which Zones are target Zones. Distance only factors in when determining the path/s they take to reach said target Zones.

Also note that Noise stays in the Zone it is made in, so it's possible that the Zombies might even pick a target Zone without Survivors in it if the Survivors moved away after making the Noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks Jorgen!

I don't think I was very clear on questions #5. Please view the following image:

http://bleu-omega-direct.webflow.io/zombie

In this case where would the zombie move? Left or right? If I understand the rules correctly the zombie would split into two and move one space left AND right.

Does this make more sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would split and go both directions regardless of distance between it and the Zones with the Survivors. So even if one of the Survivors was a space closer, it would still split.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Correct, because they are both in LOS and have the same noise tokens.

The only one I was off on was #1. I thought that when a survivor entered a zombie zone it could not move anymore. However, if it has enough remaining activations it can continue to move. I guess the survivor "sneaks" by the zombies.

Thanks for answering all my questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.