Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: 3 players. Anyone tried? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Näslund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone played this with 3 players yet. (Asuming 2 core sets)
Any fun? Does it work fine? I'm afraid 1 or 2 players is the tthought out game and 3 or 4 players just a gimmick thing that ddoesn't really suit the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It scales beautifully to any number between 1 and 4. It isn't like LOTR which could really vary with optimal player count. That is something that Matt and Nate wanted to fix in this game and they did very, very well.

Edit: 3-4 players is NOT a hack. It's great fun in fact. I've found the difficulty isn't any different with multiple investigators. The critical stats all have a number/investigator so the number scales according to the number of investigators, and it scales very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it 1, 2, 3, and 4 players.

It plays a bit differently with various numbers but scales beautifully and is a great game with any number, though of course you'll need a second core set for 3-4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Näslund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the others. I've played it at 2 and 3P and greatly enjoyed it at the higher player count. Scales wonderfully. After playing it at 3P a few times I'm happy I ordered two core sets. I'm initial plan was to only play this solo or at 2P max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.