Subject: Card and rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Moore
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
new user
Sorry for the long list of questions. Just picked up this game about a week ago and questions started popping up here and there.
Looked up most of them, but this is what I have so far.

Having fun with the game though and looking forward to getting more!

Can a hero that has just been recruited use a spell or move/swap?
Rules say that they can't attack the same turn they are recruited, but not cast spells or move.

Can a leader use an action outside their row's wave.
i.e. It's my vanguard wave and I want to use Oriax Two's leader action.

Can a leader use as many actions they want in a turn?
Such as Marigold using both of her Limited Action and Limited Free Action on the same turn.

Can Marigold Attack after/before using one or both of those actions?
I looked at your hand and now I want to smack you in the face!

Can a leader use an action more than once in a single turn(wave?)?
I say yes because it is not limited.

Can a hero use a spell more than once in a turn as long as it is not Limited?

Heroes that get "Defeated" by an ability immediately turn into corpses?
i.e. Royal Guard uses his rear spell. Or someone somehow casts a spell that "Defeats" hero.

Does Shamaness' vanguard ability stay forever on the target hero and is it considered a status effect?
I'm sure this question affects more spells than Shamaness' vanguard if they exist.

Just to clarify, because of the question above, only text in brackets [] are status effects?

Can you explain the leader passive for Van Sorrel's Double about attacking their Owners' Units?
So he's only good if the rival uses an Empath?

Psychic's Order still discards a rival's card even though it had no order effect?

Absicca One's action, do corpses turn back into corpses when virus marker is removed?

0 Seven's leader ability, heroes in the unit become copies of 0 Seven or copies of the card that is the Operation?

Does removing [+1 Attack] make a hero/leader start to go negative?
i.e. Thessala Three's leader ability making Unit Attacks remove [+1 Attack] off of them and they had none to begin with.

Starcaller's rear ability, is that 2 extra damage persistent?
Does it stay until end or round?turn?wave?
Is it a status effect?
If I use it again will she then be x4, x6, and so on?

What are each of the tokens that came in the box mean?
Like the weird bug icon, the flag, and the Sword without the +1 Attack next to it.

Thanks for the help clarifying!
-Ted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Kamono wrote:
Sorry for the long list of questions. Just picked up this game about a week ago and questions started popping up here and there.
Looked up most of them, but this is what I have so far.

Having fun with the game though and looking forward to getting more!

Can a hero that has just been recruited use a spell or move/swap?
Rules say that they can't attack the same turn they are recruited, but not cast spells or move.

No they cannot.

Quote:
Can a leader use an action outside their row's wave.
i.e. It's my vanguard wave and I want to use Oriax Two's leader action.

Yes they can. If it says "Action", you can. If it says "Spell", you can't. You have to picture it like Leader actions are actually GOD actions. You're God. Spells, however, are tied to the Leader in question and can only be used in the Flank.

Quote:
Can a leader use as many actions they want in a turn?
Such as Marigold using both of her Limited Action and Limited Free Action on the same turn.

Yes, hence the "limited". If it just says Action, you can use it twice in one turn. If it says Limited, only once. So you can use both of them if you have two different ones.

Quote:
Can Marigold Attack after/before using one or both of those actions?
I looked at your hand and now I want to smack you in the face!

Yes you can. Remember, Leader Actions are God (You) Actions. So she can then proceed to attack since she hasn't done anything yet.

Quote:
Can a leader use an action more than once in a single turn(wave?)?
I say yes because it is not limited.

Same as above. Yes. A Leader cannot act twice in the same turn, just like Heroes, but since a Leader Action is a God Action, yes.

Quote:
Can a hero use a spell more than once in a turn as long as it is not Limited?

No.

Quote:
Heroes that get "Defeated" by an ability immediately turn into corpses?
i.e. Royal Guard uses his rear spell. Or someone somehow casts a spell that "Defeats" hero.

Yes, a Defeat effect means they automatically get turned into a corpse.

Quote:
Does Shamaness' vanguard ability stay forever on the target hero and is it considered a status effect?
I'm sure this question affects more spells than Shamaness' vanguard if they exist.

Don't have the card in front of me at the moment so can't read the exact text. If it's a status effect, then yes, it's permanent unless removed by some other effect If it's between brackets [], it's a status effect.

When it's a passive ability, such as "Forerunner has +2 Attack strength", then it only stays active as long as they're there.

Quote:
Just to clarify, because of the question above, only text in brackets [] are status effects?

Yes.

Quote:
Can you explain the leader passive for Van Sorrel's Double about attacking their Owners' Units?
So he's only good if the rival uses an Empath?

No. Will get back to you on this one. Have to check the card.

Quote:
Psychic's Order still discards a rival's card even though it had no order effect?

Yes. It just won't do anything.

Quote:
Absicca One's action, do corpses turn back into corpses when virus marker is removed?

Yes.

Quote:
0 Seven's leader ability, heroes in the unit become copies of 0 Seven or copies of the card that is the Operation?

? They become copies of her Hero side, if I remember correctly.
EDIT: They become copies of the card that is the Operation.

Quote:
Does removing [+1 Attack] make a hero/leader start to go negative?
i.e. Thessala Three's leader ability making Unit Attacks remove [+1 Attack] off of them and they had none to begin with.

No. If you can't remove a status effect, then there's nothing to remove.

Quote:
Starcaller's rear ability, is that 2 extra damage persistent?
Does it stay until end or round?turn?wave?
Is it a status effect?
If I use it again will she then be x4, x6, and so on?

Will get back to you, have to check card...

Quote:
What are each of the tokens that came in the box mean?
Like the weird bug icon, the flag, and the Sword without the +1 Attack next to it.

They're for some special abilities some of the Leaders have.

Thanks for the help clarifying!
-Ted[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Alright, to answer your other questions I couldn't before..

The Shamaness's Vanguard Spell is a 1-time hit.
Spell: Double the amount of damage on a Hero.
If an opposing Hero has 1 damage on them, add a second one. If they have 3 damage on them, add 3 more. It's not an "effect". It's pretty clear, actually. Just pretend it's an attack.

About Van Sorrel's Double, here's what the card says,
Heroes in your Unit have +2 Attack Strength when Attacking their Owner's Units.
Limited Action: Choose a card in your Hand and a random card in your Opponent's Hand and swap them.

Have you read the second part of the card? You can switch cards from your hand with cards from your opponent's. You're playing Orange. You take a Blue card from your rival. So when you put down the blue card in your Unit by, say, recruiting it (that card still belongs to your rival but it's now in your Unit), well, when you attack with it now, +2 attack strength.

About 0 Seven's ability, its text is not the same on its HD Leader card and its regular card in PT5.
Heroes in your Unit become copies OF THE OPERATION card. Not of the Placeholder.

Star Caller's Rear ability. It's a passive effect, so it's ALWAYS in effect. She will always take 2 extra damage in the Rear. It's the price to pay to hide her in the Rear, since a Ranged Attack of 5 is very powerful.

There you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.