Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Augusto E. Rodrigues
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing today for the first time and the Ninja Rescue mission came into play. It says the hostage comes into play detected but: Can it use his 6 movement points to go to undetected status like other ninjas? If not, with an armor of 4 it looked like terribly easy to kill.

Due to an event card the guard player already knew the extraction point and even if the other ninjas were undetected he could simply rush all the guards to the hostage and kill him for the mission to fail. The ninja's managed to cover most of the escape route with caltrops and killing incoming enemies but in the end a single samurai rushed in and killed the hostage fairly easy as he didn't have to even try to detect.

Is there something we are overlooking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*disclaimer: I'm new to the game, too. I also played my first game today*

Looking at the card, I think you played it right. The guard knowing the escape route ahead of time was bad luck on the ninja's part, but that's how it goes sometimes. I think the point of the mission is that you can't hide the hostage, you've got to run interference and kill guards and clear a path for the hostage to escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That Event Card that exposes the Ninja exit is a real pain. Lost 1 game because of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.