Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game. It was a two-player game with my wife, She built 2 guest houses which ended up scoring 20 points. This was a huge point swing. Of course next time I will make sure and buy one myself or "bank it" before she builds it. Is there a rule that says you can't build two buildings of the same type? Should there be? I know, sour grapes, but just curious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to spoil your wife's fun but she probably played something wrong. The most points a Guest House can give are 7 since that's the number of different types of Fields & Livestock (see here for more details).

Hope that helps.

Btw, there is no rule against building the same location twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. We see what we did wrong. Played again last night, with the correct rules, and she still won--this time with a power generator on an 8vp farmhouse and an extra $14 to activate,

BTW, should she have gotten vp's for the $14 before she used it to activate the generator? We played that she couldn't, which was OK with her because an extra 4-5 vp wouldn't have mattered.

We are liking the game a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it correctly - she doesn't get VP for the 14 money she had to pay.

Thank you for the kind words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.