$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 114.6

7,001 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
...Jay Z.

Hillary has not yet responded if she supports the use of such offensive and racist terms at her rally, although MSNBC is chomping at the bit to get to the bottom of this.

We shall not, however, hold our breath to see if this use of the N word, will make the news in the same way it did when Don King used it at a Trump rally.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-z-hillary-clinton-concert...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
surprise Wait a minute--HE is 'self deprecating' and NOT 'defecating himself' so, there's the Y-U-G-E "difference". whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Oh, my stars and garters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Oh wait, is this a 'why can't I say the N-word' post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
What? This is big. YUGE.

The N word is never appropriate.

Or is it sometimes?

Edit: I'm not sure it's as offensive as a democrat plant wearing a rebel flag shirt at a Trump rally. But it still ought to be the top story at MSNBC for the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Or is it sometimes?

It's kind of a watchword, a word that shows you're part of a group. It's like Iowans being okay with fellow Iowans calling Iowa Ioway, but objecting if anyone else does it.

Remember Rush Hour?
Chris Tucker: "What's up my n--?"
(Casual conversation ensues, and he's invited into the back room.)
Jackie Chan: "What's up my n--?"
(All hell breaks loose.)

A lot of group insults work that way, where a member of the group can use it neutrally while it's an insult if someone else uses it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Tall_Walt wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Or is it sometimes?

It's kind of a watchword, a word that shows you're part of a group. It's like Iowans being okay with fellow Iowans calling Iowa Ioway, but objecting if anyone else does it.

Remember Rush Hour?
(All hell breaks loose.)

A lot of group insults work that way, where a member of the group can use it neutrally while it's an insult if someone else uses it.

What group does Don King belong to that he can't use it?

Hair Club for Comic Book Characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
What? This is big. YUGE.

Or is it sometimes?

Edit: I'm not sure it's as offensive as a democrat plant wearing a rebel flag shirt at a Trump rally. But it still ought to be the top story at MSNBC for the weekend.

We both know the answer to your question, and you're probably right if you say it isn't fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Or is it sometimes?

Remember Rush Hour?
(All hell breaks loose.)

I have a really good book of Scottish humor, given to me by a Scottish colleague of mine. If it had been written by an Englishman, it wouldn't have been quite as funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah ... this incapacity for Americans to say what is the "n word". Except for the people who could be described as [n word]s by racists ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard white-dude's trying to mask their own racism by obfuscating and finger-pointing to the "hypocrisy". It's OK, intellectual honesty and self-truth are fucking hard to learn. Most never do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
But it still ought to be the top story at MSNBC for the weekend.

Well, it would be if it was a Trump rally.

See: http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-z-hillary-clinton-concert...

Quote:
Jay Z was entirely uncensored Friday night at a concert for Hillary Clinton.

The rapper repeatedly used the n-word and dropped the f-bomb as he performed “F—WithMeYouKnowIGotIt” and his hit “Dirt off Your Shoulder” song at a Cleveland rally.

"You're tuned into the motherf----- greatest," a voice said as Jay Z appeared onstage.

“If you feelin’ like a pimp n----, go and brush your shoulders off,” Jay Z rapped. “Ladies is pimps too, go and brush your shoulders off. N----- is crazy baby, don’t forget that boy told you. Get that dirt off your shoulders."

Jay Z also performed the song "Jigga My N----," in which he boasted that he was "Jay-Z, motherf-------!
"

Speaking of which:

Quote:
Today, Trump told a campaign crowd in Florida:

…then Hillary said, ‘I did not like Donald Trump’s lewd language.’ My lewd language! I’ll tell you what: I’ve never said what he (Jay Z) said in my life! But that shows you the phoniness of politicians and the phoniness of the whole system, folks.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillary's message for the last few weeks has been almost exclusively focused on "Donald Trump says sexist things!"

Was there anyone in Hillary's campaign staff who maybe balked at Jay-Z headlining a Hillary Clinton tent revival meeting? Was there nobody who said "Yeah, if he opens his mouth at all, he will severely undercut our message. Maybe . . . we should get Pat Boone"?

Are they that tone deaf at Kamp Klinton?

(I'm almost 100% certain that Podesta fired off twenty e-mails full of racist slurs complaining about the choice of Jay-Z. Future wikileaks will tell all.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Quote:
Today, Trump told a campaign crowd in Florida:

…then Hillary said, ‘I did not like Donald Trump’s lewd language.’ My lewd language! I’ll tell you what: I’ve never said what he (Jay Z) said in my life! But that shows you the phoniness of politicians and the phoniness of the whole system, folks.”

Trump said it? He can shut his little bitch mouth, since that's how he moved on her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Hillary's message for the last few weeks has been almost exclusively focused on "Donald Trump says sexist things!"

Sexist things? He bragged about assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.