Subject: FaTDoG 11/25 016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlemen, it's that time of year again... FaTDoG - Friday after Thanksgiving Day of Gaming 11/25.

With each additional year, FaTDoG continues to grow, so this year it is moving to the Upsky Hotel in Hauppauge, NY. The expected attendance is well over 100 dedicated war gamers (and other games as well). Check out FaTDoGcon.com. With your $15 pre-reg you get a full day of gaming plus lunch and dinner, along with drinks and snacks. It is truly a fun time with a great crowd.

This will be my 4th time at FaTDoG and once again I will be looking to get some SMG game time. My hope is that I will have SHOW out on the table as well, but we will see...

If there are any local SMG/SDD player who might be interested, let's talk. This isthe perfect venue to showcase both SMG and SHOW.

Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the responses, it does not appear as though many of the "group" will be in attendance. No worries, but the end of FaTDoG I hope to have a few more conversions.

I do have a little surprise coming to the table this year. Be sure to check in on Sunday to see how things turned out.

If you do plan on attending , hold on to your hats.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, my budget doesn't allow for travelling that far for a convention, as I'm in northwest Indiana, an hour from Chicago. Though I will be in Albany, NY next September for my oldest daughter's wedding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately for most of you, you are not close enough to attend FaTDoG. It is a great day of gaming and fellowship. You can show up not knowing a soul and leave having had had a fun day and making a few new friends. Who can argue that a day full of all kinds of gaming, lunch and dinner included , all for $15 is not a great bargain?

But I digress, this is about SMG. I had the good fortune of having the ability of getting SHOW out on the table. Jeff and the LBG team was able to get me a portion of my order plus a couple extra panels to run a scenario.

Now I try to be very prepared when running demos, but to be honest I was not as ready as I would have liked for SHOW. The vehicles are really cool. The Team panels for the vehicles look great. Overall it makes a very nice presentation.

Teaching both the base SMG system and SHOW, was not one of my best ideas. However, in the end everyone had a good time and at least one was looking to acquired SMG. So not a bad days work.

I really look forward to getting together with a group who is familiar with SMG and has read through the SHOW rules. That will give a much better feel for the expansion. I am really looking forward to getting the rest of my purchase.

Now to sit down again and reread the SHOW rules, plug the holes and look to getting SHOW out on the table again.... perhaps Cold Wars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to show us the ropes on SMG, Chris. I don't think the SHOW rules are ready for prime time, but I think we all had a helluva a lot of fun and you did a great job of moving things along. I'm looking forward to the next time we have a chance to get together. - Hawkeye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Hollingsworth
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Looks awesome - sounds like something I should try to attend one of these days. Just a bit of a haul from Charlotte, NC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.