Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cohen
Sweden
STOCKHOLM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Checkout this:

I wonder how that could be used in a wargame ... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That is Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lynch
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't Richard Garfield use this in designing his game?

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What a brilliant channel, and how wonderful to love numbers so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is really cool and the maths is interesting; but, if I have to do algebra to find artillery falls of shot, I'm probably getting some own goals...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
tehirf wrote:
Hi, I wonder how that could be used in a wargame ... :-)
Well, "42" is MOST 'readily accepted' then, to begin with. Now, ROWS/Columns of varying 'pertinent accrual attributes' were "factored into" the ongoing COMBAT/Resolution, for that particular encounter. We 'assess' these into numeric/alphabetic correlations, such as 1/2-able, Doubled, "downshift from A to B Row", and "Column Shift Plus/Minus" etc. From the video, then you would have theirs AND #4 as some "Artillery/Air/etc. Support" since it CAN become as this, and those have already presently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
tehirf wrote:
Hi, I wonder how that could be used in a wargame ... :-)
Well, "42" is MOST 'readily accepted' then, to begin with. Now, ROWS/Columns of varying 'pertinent accrual attributes' were "factored into" the ongoing COMBAT/Resolution, for that particular encounter. We 'assess' these into numeric/alphabetic correlations, such as 1/2-able, Doubled, "downshift from A to B Row", and "Column Shift Plus/Minus" etc. From the video, then you would have theirs AND #4 as some "Artillery/Air/etc. Support" since it CAN become as this, and those have already presently.

I'm guessing this must be how I sound to my wife when I try to explain to her how to do things on the computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

SeanFR wrote:
That is really cool and the maths is interesting; but, if I have to do algebra to find artillery falls of shot, I'm probably getting some own goals...

May I help with an interpretation, here?
Do you mean you will likely end up scoring on your own goal?
(ie. taking out some of your own forces with 'friendly' fire?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tanik wrote:

SeanFR wrote:

May I help with an interpretation, here?
Do you mean you will likely end up scoring on your own goal?
(ie. taking out some of your own forces with 'friendly' fire?)

Yes mate - scoring for the other team/friendly fire. My math is not the best.

In Australian English it's simply called an 'own goal' and is also used in military parlance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't be surprised if this shows up in a Knizia game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
GROGnads wrote:
Sphere wrote:
I'm guessing this must be how I sound to my wife when I try to explain to her how to do things on the computer.
goorobotgoo SHE would enjoy that better with Robot-'EARS'~"Bleep *BLORP* @Bleep@!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
ironregime wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if this shows up in a Knizia game.
whistle HIS 'goad/goal' would have you "re-arrange" these into the 'lowest column' "scoring better" since: "unfreakingreasoned"! robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Colinton
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful!

Similarly beautiful is Plato's original purely algebraic proof that there could only be five regular solids - or platonic solids. Otherwise know as dice to us!

http://home.adelphi.edu/~stemkoski/mathematrix/platonic.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.