Hide
9 Posts

Dust 1947» Forums » News

Subject: Dust 1947 rulebook and cards now available for order, it seems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kriegschatten
msg tools
$85 for the book and all three card packs.

I've been away from Dust for a while, but I'm starting to feel the itch to get back into it. Unfortunately, I've always bought the Premium editions, and the prices on those have gotten insane. Medium walkers used to be, like $50, and now they're $95?!

http://www.dustgame.com/products.php?sid=59

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Pre-order"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From what I've seen, most of the time "pre-order" on the Dust Studio site means "two weeks to shipment", rather than "available someday". That is based on my orders placed for "pre-order" items that seem to ship about as fast as non-pre-order items. I certainly hope that is the case here, since I have just placed an order for the combined set. I have been holding off playing Dust these last six months or so waiting for the revised rules/cards (especially) to be released. I'm looking forward to getting back in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
Per Gregoire Boisbelaud on the official Dust Facebook page, the cards should be available next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All should be available on their website for free for those who want to try before buying. I'd have to get some more games in and see if Dust 1947 'works' before splashing out the cash required to upgrade everything again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
The rulebook is already available for free download:

http://www.dustgame.com/downloadfile.php

The preliminary versions of the cards can be downloaded from the Facebook page, which should be enough to give interested players an idea of how the new version plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EyeLost wrote:
All should be available on their website for free for those who want to try before buying. I'd have to get some more games in and see if Dust 1947 'works' before splashing out the cash required to upgrade everything again.

I don't blame you, and it appears that they are available in early versions. One can't expect Dust Studio to make exact downloads of a product they are trying to sell available alongside the product itself. I have played several games with the 3rd edition rules. No huge changes. It has been the delay in the cards that has been most annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skiprydell wrote:
One can't expect Dust Studio to make exact downloads of a product they are trying to sell available alongside the product itself.

Steamforged games springs to mind as one example (Guild Ball). Mantic does this for Kings of War (though they do a limited army set in the free rules the full armies are available from the online army builder everyone uses). Infinity provides a better product online than in their physical books. You can download the rules for Batman from Knight Models. I'm sure there are others too. Hell, even Games Workshop gives away the core rules for Age of Sigmar for free (yes, you do pay for the expansion warscrolls though).

The market is heading to a 'rules for free' approach for games that sell custom models. They still sell the hardcopy book because lots of gamers like to have those in their hands. The rules are just there to help sell the models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven IsHere
msg tools
Giving away the rules and cards as free download away was one of the things DUST Studio proudly stated for years and always with a reference to the competitors who try to make money out of everything.

It now looks like DUST is doing exactly this. Raising prices for everything Even a deck of cards. The price doubled within 2,5 years. After they quality assurance was outsourced to the community and after promising a release of the cards for more than a year and breaking promise after promise. Can't remember any month in this year where the cards are not "soon" released. And now they are not able to just place a download of the final cards online. Man that tastes bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.