Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how is everyone planning to store this, since the character decks and promos don't seem to fit in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jones
United States
Kennett Square
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I've just removed the generic starting cards, which left enough room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the original game box and 3 dragon sleeves boxes which I bought to sleeve the game. The sleeves come luckily with boxes on their own and in 2 of them I stored the heroes and in 1 of them the ordinary starting decks and health tracking cards because I recently only played with heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have something like this. Everything is premium sleeved but it fits well. One compartment for characters, one for life counters (i use dice) and fire gems and token cards and the other two (because the separator can be taken out, not sure about ultra pro, again, mine is different company) for the trade deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest solution for me, using the packaging box ShipNaked used. Not elegant but it works and it's "free".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved most of the cards (didn't sleeve cards that aren't part of decks or the basic starting cards as I expect I'll only ever play with the classes). Everything fits back in the box if you stand them up on their long side (i.e. landscape orientation), and then I just put the lid on top. The lid is raised an inch or so, but there's enough overlap between the lid and the box that I'm not too worried about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Cordova
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'd love to hear of more storage solutions others have come up with. Anything that includes the original (or official) artwork would be preferred. No matter how good a game is, I've found that a generic container causes the game to get overlooked when we (myself, friends, etc) are browsing the shelf for a game to play.

i.e. I love Dominion and I decided to store all my cards (expansion stuff, etc) in one of those hobby lobby cases. Since I chose that as a storage solution we end up playing the game about half as often as we used to. I'm pretty sure it's just because there isn't anything saying "Dominion" on the side of the box.

As a temporary solution, I chose to keep all the market cards in the original box (including all the promo cards). I then chose to use a MTG deck holder that I no longer use to hold all the hero decks, generic starting cards (daggers, gold, etc), zombie/legionnaire cards and the boss cards. This solution requires 2 separate containers, which isn't ideal. They do fit remarkably well, and are convenient for setup and tear down since everything is separated into their logical categories. Not exactly ideal, but much better than a plain white card container, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Would probably work with unsleeved cards if you got a spacer of some sort, like a block of foam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Storage-Toploader-Protector-Card-Gath...

I am going to sleeve the cards with Ultra pro matte. With the black boarders on the cards I want to keep them nice looking. They will fit in it nicely. It will hold 300 sleeved cards. Plus comes with 3 dividers.

Just got my case and dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie Moynihan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is a Hero Realms long storage box with sleeves coming from Legion Supplies soon (similar to the Star Realms box) - I will post more details when I have them.

I also wanted something to store my Hero Realms now, and I tried out using the base game box like Ian (Asmor) posted about above. I sleeved an entire set and stored them in the base game box and it feels very sturdy even though the top doesn't completely cover the bottom of the box in this orientation. When I first tried this orientation without the sleeves, the insert works very nicely as a spacer if you compress it a bit.

We sleeved a set of Hero Realms base game, a full set of the Kickstarter promo cards (which is 35 cards), and 5 character packs. We clear sleeved (Ultra-Pro) everything that didn't have the Hero Realms card back (the boss cards, tokens, all of the score cards, the character cards, and the ability cards). We used Legion Supplies Epic Card Game sleeves on everything else. We removed the insert from the base game box. We were able to fit the entire set sleeved into the base game box. It just fits. It would fit even better if we didn't sleeve the cards that don't get shuffled into the deck, but we sleeved everything to see if it would all fit. The box cover doesn't completely cover the box bottom when you change the orientation of the cards like this, but it is very functional.

My pics show the fit with everything sleeved as mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used KMC Hyper Matte Sleeves for everything.

First attempt at storing everything...

Main box now holds the main deck, promos, and the fire gems (fire gems are located in a zip lock bag to keep it separated). All the character decks are sorted and bagged individually for easy access. The bosses, weapons, tokens and life counters are in a different bag. All the default starter decks are not sleeved and put into a different bag (I don't think I would ever use the default starting decks).
And everything goes back into the ShipNaked packaging box.

Second attempt at storing everything... The core box holds the main deck, promos, and the fire gems (separated in a zip lock bag). Ultra Pro Deck box holds all the character cards, the boss, treasures, tokens, and extra life cards. I could try to fit in the default starter decks but I'll probably just leave them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb

This is my solution, a standard 400 card deck box with some new art on top. I've been doing this for all of my games that don't need a big box for the components, a sort of home made bit box. I keep boards and manuals that don't fit in bags, and can fit 6 boxes in a case, which makes bringing a bunch of games to game night really easy. Hero realms is the first one that I did full box art, and I've started doing the same for my other boxed games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:

This is my solution, a standard 400 card deck box with some new art on top. I've been doing this for all of my games that don't need a big box for the components, a sort of home made bit box. I keep boards and manuals that don't fit in bags, and can fit 6 boxes in a case, which makes bringing a bunch of games to game night really easy. Hero realms is the first one that I did full box art, and I've started doing the same for my other boxed games.

What are you using to attach the graphic to the box? Sheet Stickers or some sort of simple glue/tape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
jt4jc wrote:
markblasco wrote:

What are you using to attach the graphic to the box? Sheet Stickers or some sort of simple glue/tape?

I'm using spray adhesive. I tried using full page sticker sheets, but the color wasn't very good, so I switched to matte photo paper. It's thin enough to conform to the bends of the box relatively well. The spray adhesive works pretty well, since it's paper glued to paper/cardboard. One full page does the top and long sides, then a half page makes the two sides. I unfold the box when gluing everything and wrapping around the edges, but make sure the big 90 degree bends are folded before sticking the paper, so that everything bends correctly.

The hardest part is the graphic design. Most of the time the images don't have enough background, or there's other stuff that I don't want, or I can't find a graphic with enough resolution. It's especially hard with boxes that have more than one game (for example, I have Splendor, No Thanks, Love Letter, and Exploding Kittens all in one box).

The end result is worth it, since I enjoy these kinds of arts and crafts projects. They are nice and calming, and since I live in the US, I ended up making 4 more boxes yesterday to help deal with the madness that was/is the election.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:

I'm using spray adhesive. I tried using full page sticker sheets, but the color wasn't very good, so I switched to matte photo paper. It's thin enough to conform to the bends of the box relatively well. The spray adhesive works pretty well, since it's paper glued to paper/cardboard. One full page does the top and long sides, then a half page makes the two sides. I unfold the box when gluing everything and wrapping around the edges, but make sure the big 90 degree bends are folded before sticking the paper, so that everything bends correctly.

The hardest part is the graphic design. Most of the time the images don't have enough background, or there's other stuff that I don't want, or I can't find a graphic with enough resolution. It's especially hard with boxes that have more than one game (for example, I have Splendor, No Thanks, Love Letter, and Exploding Kittens all in one box).

The end result is worth it, since I enjoy these kinds of arts and crafts projects. They are nice and calming, and since I live in the US, I ended up making 4 more boxes yesterday to help deal with the madness that was/is the election.

Any chance I can convince you to upload the print file for the Shadowrun Crossfire and Hero Realms boxes?

I'd be especially keen for the Shadowrun box, as it takes up an unholy amount of shelf space for such a relatively small game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
mavericklancer wrote:
markblasco wrote:

Any chance I can convince you to upload the print file for the Shadowrun Crossfire and Hero Realms boxes?

I'd be especially keen for the Shadowrun box, as it takes up an unholy amount of shelf space for such a relatively small game.

Here are all of the files I have:

http://podcastthemes.com/Images/gameboxes/

Keep in mind, you'll have to keep rules/boards/etc. in a separate bag/box (similar to the setup for BitBox). I use some 12X15 bags I got off of Amazon, one per game, and keep them all in one box on my game rack. When I want to play a game, I grab the box, and the bag separately. The case that I use (some sort of old generic tool case from Lowes years ago) holds 6 boxes with their bags on top, and makes taking games to game night really easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j 78
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
these are great, thanks for uploading the files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark. These look great and will save me a lot of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
d3bd3b wrote:
There is a Hero Realms long storage box with sleeves coming from Legion Supplies soon (similar to the Star Realms box) - I will post more details when I have them.

I also wanted something to store my Hero Realms now, and I tried out using the base game box like Ian (Asmor) posted about above. I sleeved an entire set and stored them in the base game box and it feels very sturdy even though the top doesn't completely cover the bottom of the box in this orientation. When I first tried this orientation without the sleeves, the insert works very nicely as a spacer if you compress it a bit.

We sleeved a set of Hero Realms base game, a full set of the Kickstarter promo cards (which is 35 cards), and 5 character packs. We clear sleeved (Ultra-Pro) everything that didn't have the Hero Realms card back (the boss cards, tokens, all of the score cards, the character cards, and the ability cards). We used Legion Supplies Epic Card Game sleeves on everything else. We removed the insert from the base game box. We were able to fit the entire set sleeved into the base game box. It just fits. It would fit even better if we didn't sleeve the cards that don't get shuffled into the deck, but we sleeved everything to see if it would all fit. The box cover doesn't completely cover the box bottom when you change the orientation of the cards like this, but it is very functional.

My pics show the fit with everything sleeved as mentioned above.

I did this, but with Mayday premium and TMG sleeves (cuz that's what I had on hand), then I used a piece of Hugo's Amazing Tape to keep the box from flying open during transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sleeved all cards (except character health cards and extra coins) with Dragon Shields. All cards fit into the game box and the two Dragon Shield Sleeve boxes - all these three fit into the small parcel the games was shipped with. Not pretty but practical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
I use the original game box and 3 dragon sleeves boxes which I bought to sleeve the game. The sleeves come luckily with boxes on their own and in 2 of them I stored the heroes and in 1 of them the ordinary starting decks and health tracking cards because I recently only played with heroes.

As you can see that's also what I did^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the total card count for everything (base+character packs)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mls5stokes wrote:
What is the total card count for everything (base+character packs)?

Base game: 144 cards
5 character packs: Each 15 cards
Promos: 35 cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Base game: 144 cards
5 character packs: Each 15 cards
Promos: 35 cards

Or, for the lazy people like myself, 254 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Here's what I did.
Epic is a small game, but its long box is way too big for a single copy of the game and expansions. So I bought the Epic long card box for the Epic Sleeves and to store my Star Realms set, since Star Realms completely overflowed the (short) long card box for Star Realms. (Seriously, the box sizes for Epic and Star Realms should be swapped. I wish I bought 2 Star Realms boxes.)

Now, I am storing Hero Realms in the Star Realms box because Epic is so small I just put it in a 800 count long card box with several other small card games. However, I think I might be able to squeeze Epic into the Star Realms box until I get the new Epic expansion sets and the Hero Realms Campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.